Archery Talk Forum banner

Captured a dandy on trail cam

973 16
Well it is my second year using a trail cam and I captured a buck I have been chasing for 3 years now since I first saw him in the hunting woods. I'll share the pics below. If you have a guess at his score, feel free to reply with it. Thanks and enjoy the pics.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Uh no I saw him chasing does 3 years ago but never got a shot. And it is a wild crabapple tree that is loaded this year. My stand is about 16 yards to the left. I thought he would score a little higher but all in all he is definately a mature deer for my area.

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking 3.5 to 4 but I may be wrong. It was 3 years ago that I saw a buck of this caliber in my area so I assumed it was the same one. He has been spotted running the same field edge for the past 2 years, just not by me.

· Registered
5,696 Posts
I was thinking 3.5 to 4 but I may be wrong. It was 3 years ago that I saw a buck of this caliber in my area so I assumed it was the same one. He has been spotted running the same field edge for the past 2 years, just not by me.
My guess is it's a different buck. That deer looks no older then 3.5. But a good one none the less! Good luck!

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thx for the info everyone. Guess it is most likely another deer. They are definately apples on this tree and are not orangish like a persimmon. They are a red and yellow mixture apple right now but usually turn all red by seasons end.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.