Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Carbon Air ECS
PSE Mach 1
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a pse carbon air 34. I really like the bow but have never owned a pse before.
1:As far as tuning goes will tuning be the same as it was on my halon since they are both dual cam sytems. For example will adding or removing twist to the string or cables have the same effect on the bow.
2:Also my rest needs to be really close to the riser to get a good paper or bare shaft tune are there shims that I can switch around similar to the top hats on my mathews? I would like to get my center shot closer to spec.
3: Is there any adjustablity in the cable guard? It is really close to my arrow like 1/16", or is that normal?
Thanks for any help .

·
#teamPSE
5,567 Posts
The cables should be the same but ive never worked on a mathews.
yes, there are shims you can move. They are harder to work with than the top hats from what i hear about the mathews.
no there is no adjust-ability in the cable guard that i know of.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
There should be a total of 4 shims on each axle. There are 3 .020 and one .062. You can move one of the .020 around easy enough from side to side and tune just about anything out with just moving one shim on each axle. If you have the centershot at 13/16" and the arrow running dead level through the berger, the shaft won't be close to the roller guide.

I am still shooting my original CA34, so I'm very familiar with them. I'm happy to help if you have issues.

·
Carbon Air ECS
PSE Mach 1
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There should be a total of 4 shims on each axle. There are 3 .020 and one .062. You can move one of the .020 around easy enough from side to side and tune just about anything out with just moving one shim on each axle. If you have the centershot at 13/16" and the arrow running dead level through the berger, the shaft won't be close to the roller guide.

I am still shooting my original CA34, so I'm very familiar with them. I'm happy to help if you have issues.
Thanks for the help, I may have more questions as I am fairly new to bow tuning, but I guess I cant learn if I dont try.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Starting point with center shot is 3/4". This will ( initially) line up the arrow with the limb bolts. I moved my rest very slightly from center shot to get good broadhead flight.

·
Carbon Air ECS
PSE Mach 1
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I read that pse has hash marks to measure center shot from, I cant find them. Will it work to just measure from the inside of the riser to center of my arrow?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts