Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just picked up a new Bowtech Carbon Knight, and I am looking for some good arrows to match. I have four options of arrows that I am considering
6 pack
Beman Nightfall 340 $48

Easton Nemesis 340 $52

Easton FMJ $60

Carbon Express $70

Easton Deep Six FMJ $73

Can anyone give me advice on the arrow that gives the most bang for the buck?

(These arrow prices were the ones he gave me for purchasing the bow.)

·
Socket Man
23,565 Posts
Since you are a new shooter I would suggest getting some gold tip hunters, they come in three price ranges from the pro quality to hunter xt to hunters and all three of them are the exact same quality shaft but the price goes down as the level of straightness goes down. But what you get is a awesome shaft that is tough and accurate.

I just went to lancasters and they have on clearance the last year pro hunter gold tips for 5 dollars per shaft for the 300 spine and it would be a sweet arrow to get fletched up. they also have the gold tip xt hunters on sale in the 400 or 340 spine for 5 bucks a shaft. I think they fletch the arrows and cut them also so you might give them a call and see what their cost for fletching them is.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I may be leaning towards the Nemesis arrows on price range. Anyone own Nemesis arrows?

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Can't go wrong with Easton Axis for a hunting arrows. Tough, consistent and made in the USA. I tried some others but always hunted with Axis. I like the fact that is it easy to increase the weight up front with the 50/75gr inset.

·
Registered
7,607 Posts
Beman Nightfall....pretty much an Axis shaft with a Beman logo. Perfect balance of speed/weight for deer hunting! And the cheapest of your list!

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,524 Posts
I think Carbon Express makes some of the very best arrows and I really don't care for the FMJ. However, I don't more expensive arrows for hunting as there are plenty of very good arrows that cost much less $$. To me high dollar hunting arrows serve absolutely no purpose other than to put your money into someone elses pocket. I'm a serious target archer and I still don't buy the more expensive arrows for hunting like I do for competition.

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
of the arrows you listed, I would go Beman Nightfall.... I would go with Gold Tip Expedition hunter and if you want to spend a little more, get the Gold Tip XT Hunter.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So no go on the Nemesis arrows. It is either Beman- nightfall/ axis, or Goldtip- pro/xt?

·
Live with passion
7,328 Posts
Axis is a great arrow as is the Goldtips. I prefer the Axis because it is smaller diameter and unlike GT it is made in the USA.

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,524 Posts
So no go on the Nemesis arrows. It is either Beman- nightfall/ axis, or Goldtip- pro/xt?
The only difference you'll notice between the "Pro" series and the XT series is the price difference. I bet if I wiped the labels off 6 Pro's and 6 XT's the odds of figuring out which ones were which by shooting them would be the same as blindly guessing.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Off of the topic of arrows but let me know how that Carbon Knight tunes for you. I had a horrible nightmare of a time with mine getting good arrow flight without having the arrow rest so far out it created other problems. Flipping my spacers created the same problem in the other direction because the 2 spacers have such a big disparity in size. I eventually had to shim the cams to nearly equal space on each side of the cams and then it finally turned into a shooter and gave me real good arrow flight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts