Archery Talk Forum banner

Carbon Arrows + Fast Bows + FiberBoard = STUCK!

869 8
I have done some searching on the forum and noticed that the threads that address carbon arrows sticking in fiberboard targets are about 2+ years old. Since I am having a heck of a time getting my arrows out of the fiberboard and the fiberboard off of the carbon shafts at my local club, I thought I would ask the question again and see if any new products or inovations have popped up in the last couple years. I have actually torn the skin off my fingers trying to get the arrows out of this stuff. It takes all the fun out of an evening of shooting.

Thanks,
nate
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Socket Man
25,923 Posts
Make sure that your point is slightly larger than the arrow shaft but tapers on the back end so it doesn't catch the fibers on the way out. This makes less friction on the shaft. I also use armour all gel.

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
91bravo,

I have two. Sometimes they get so stuck that the arrow puller just slides on the arrow shaft, and large chunks of fiberboard come out stuck on the arrow too. Very frustrating, especially when the arrow drives into the vanes and leaves nothing to grab onto.

· Registered
3,425 Posts
91bravo,

I have two. Sometimes they get so stuck that the arrow puller just slides on the arrow shaft, and large chunks of fiberboard come out stuck on the arrow too. Very frustrating, especially when the arrow drives into the vanes and leaves nothing to grab onto.
Sounds like you need some new targets! lol Try the blobs out! I have a guy locally here that makes blobs in 36"x36"x24" for $50. That's a steal! I know that buying new targets may not be economically feasible, but I don't know what to tell ya! Use arrow lube??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.