Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do carbon arrows become more brittle in really cold weather? I seem to have been breaking more in the this cold weather when practicing.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
i would imagine they would,actually i had them hold up better after i shot a deer during late season,im thinking because there not on instant contact with the hard ground the snow is slowing them down,,i had a real problem with my carbon expresses this year every arrow that went thru a deer broke,even two misses that broke,,in sept went thru 5 arrows

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Aluminum and wood more so then carbons. I shot a tapered wood once out of a 75 lb long bow into frozen ground and it broke on the next ed shot putting it through my hand. Hurt big time.

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,335 Posts
Do carbon arrows become more brittle in really cold weather? I seem to have been breaking more in the this cold weather when practicing.
Everything becomes more brittle in really cold weather, but how are you practicing if you're breaking arrows?:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I cant comment on all arrows, but mine are holding up great. I have only used one arrow for 3 deer and countless squirrels and *****. It is still shooting great. No cracks or breaks, and it doesnt make any noise when I flex it.
I shot a squirrel last night around 5pm, into frozen ground and snow and ice, temp was 15. Its fine.

What are you shooting at when you practice?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was out practicing yesterday in the cold and cracked an arrow. I thought it was prob bc of the cold(around 15 or so). Im shooting easton flatlines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts