Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that if you shoot carbon arrows on a fast bow that fixed broadheads are out of the picture. I shoot a reezen 7.o at 70 pounds with a 28 inch draw. Thinking of trying slicktrick broadheads on a maxima hunter arrow. Any thoughts if I'am wasting time and money. Right now I'am shooting rage but have been hearing some bad things latley so looking for a new set up. Thanks
Ozzy

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
slick tricks and maximas,them are both excellent products.i have shot the maximas there a good arrow,my X is pretty fast and my fixed heads with magness buzcutts fly the same as my field points,i wouldn't shoot just any fixed head for accuracy,in example,slick trick,G5 montec,magness buzzcuts
these are good flying heads
the ST's are a good choice

·
Registered
682 Posts
Ozzy,

I hope you are wrong about fixed heads and carbon arrows fast shooting poorly. I am shooting Carbon Force STL Hunters and bought Montec heads. Arrows are fletched with 2" Blazers, no helical. I hope I have the description correct as I am a newbie to archery. My pro-shop guy claims these heads will shoot with my setup, and shooting a Turbohawk. We shall see, and hope he is right or I am out 40 bucks. It will probably be a while before I start shooting BH's, but I just had to buy my first one's. I am going to try and stay away from mechanical heads, I like to keep it simple, just me. If the Montecs don't shoot I will then entertain a mechanical. Good luck with your setup, and look forward to your results.

Brent

·
Registered
Bowtech Realm X and PSE Inertia 50lbs
4,214 Posts
I have never heard anywhere that you cannot shoot fixed blades with a carbon arrow. If you bow is tuned/set-up correctly there should not be a problem, if there is a problem it is because your bow in not tuned/set-up correctly. I have shot the Muzzy's, Thunderheads and Magnus stingers without any problem.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
a friend and I both shoot bows well over 300fps and shoot CE maxima 3D select 350's with the standard ST's and they fly the same as my field to 50yrds!!I shoot a 31"draw between 65 to 7lbs!!

·
Registered
50,357 Posts
I have heard that if you shoot carbon arrows on a fast bow that fixed broadheads are out of the picture. I shoot a reezen 7.o at 70 pounds with a 28 inch draw. Thinking of trying slicktrick broadheads on a maxima hunter arrow. Any thoughts if I'am wasting time and money. Right now I'am shooting rage but have been hearing some bad things latley so looking for a new set up. Thanks
Ozzy
LMAO------I also HEARD that the sky is falling tomorrow at 12pm and that right after Christmas all bows are going to fail.
Shoot what you want. Some of the fun in archery is choices. Not everything works for everyone and experminting is half the fun. Carbon arrows far out sell any other type of arrow today and are used on every bow out there and used with any broadhead you want. YOU find the combination that will work for you.:wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts