Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I am not an engineer. I was questioning on how they get the vibration done to a minimal after arrow release. I ride a carbon bike and not only are they light but they do decrease the road vibration partly form my on body weight and the other part tire pressure. So once the Arrow is released there is isn't any weight to dampen the vibration. Maybe I am just over thinking. Any inputs?

·
Registered
9,879 Posts
I've had a lot of carbon bows, and they don't vibrate like an aluminum riser. My guess is that the material doesn't transfer the energy in the same way. Metal rings when you strike it and vibrates, composites don't. I had a Hoyt Carbon Spyder and an Aluminum Spyder, exact same cams, ATA, etc. and the aluminum riser had a little tingle and vibration after the shot, small but detectable.

·
Registered
51,108 Posts
First of tune the bow properly. Yes you can add stabilizers to help. But nothing will do more than a well tuned bow to start with.

·
Registered
990 Posts
As Dale suggested. I walk great distances so I don’t use one and shoot well without it. No problem with vibration but my bow is tuned well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts