Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to tune my bow and haven’t done anything except shoot through paper. Left tear about 1/2” I checked A to A and it is 30 7/8 but brace is 6 15/16 so it’s off a 1/16”... “ cam is #3 and draw is 29”.. is the 1/16 of inch a big issue if axel to axel is dead on?? Does the brace change depending on draw weight??

·
Registered
8,598 Posts
All the specs on any model have a +/- to them and aren't exact. Don't tune/mess with Defiants personally, but in general and just speculation on what I've read about the Hoyt cam systems and how on many models there are different string/cable specs for each cam/draw range, I'll guess the cams are actually different sizes, and if so a larger cam would probably give the same axle to axle but the string could be a little farther from the grip pivot than a smaller cam.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.. I know the bow was tuned by ontarget7 back in 2017 and I haven’t really shot the bow that much in last couple years but did notice a weird arrow flight so decided to paper tune and that is where I am now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts