Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to go pick up my new carbon element. I was wondering if I should swap the stock strings for the wicked1 strings right away, or should I shoot a few arrows or a few hundred arrows before switching?

I'm very excited, and will post pics asap!

Thanks in advance for the advice!

· Banned
2,999 Posts
I shot a little while on my stock strings, got a set from Breathn on the way tho.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wasn't really impressed with the factory strings on my Element. I shot a 100 shots or so with them, and then bought a set of Astro Flight strings from 60x. Much better quality IMO. But, it's really up to you.
I actually already have the wicked1 strings, just wondering if it is better to break the bow in with the stock strings and then switch, or should I just put the wicked1's on right away?

· Registered
2,263 Posts
get used to the bow with the stock strings and when your shooting really good with it, change to wicked1

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
get used to the bow with the stock strings and when your shooting really good with it, change to wicked1
That's kinda what I was thinking. I have read that the Fuse strings can stretch. If that is the case, then maybe if I stretch them out before I switch then they will be ready if I ever need to use them as a back up!

· Registered
55,450 Posts
First there is NO such thing as breaking in the "Bow", so if your using this for an excuse before you change them your wasting time, it's not going to make one bit of difference when you do it. You break in the string and cables, not the bow. I wouldn't change the OEM string and cables until you need to. I have a thousand or so shots on mine and they have not changed since day one of the set up. They will not get changed until such a time as they need to be changed.

· Registered
641 Posts
I'm shooting the stock strings for now. I have had zero peep twist since the shop installed it. When and if I decide to do a z3 cam conversion. I'll look at something else. I usually have just ordered winners choice and put them on my other new bows.

· Registered
3,675 Posts
I've had good luck with the stock fuse strings the last couple of years. Before that, no.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My dealer actually talked me out of it. He said he has never heard of Wicked1 strings and has always had good luck with the stock strings. I figured I would give them a try for a while and see what speeds and groups I get outta them, then I will switch em out and have a good idea if they are any better or not. (Besides he was gonna charge me $20 for a string exchange).

By the way here is the thread I started yesterday of my new bow with pics: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1474591

· Registered
5,550 Posts
Use to be the Fuse strings were not very good. WHen I bought my 737 I shot the strings for awhile but they kept creeping so I changed them out. However last year when I bought my Carbon Matrix , I shot the strings for a couple of weeks then retuned the bow . Just here a couple of weeks ago I decided to make new strings for the Matrix. I put the factory on my jig and measured them at 100 lbs and the string itself was just a 1/16 inch long and the control and buss cable were right on factory specs. So the ones on my Matrix were excellent strings.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.