Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Miller Time
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am tring to find the best arrow for my setup using "On-Target". Carbon Express says that a CX 3-D Select weights 6.5 grs. per in. but every where on the web it says 6.2 anybody out there actually weighted a bare shaft before, if so it would be a huge help

·
Registered
190 Posts
Which size shaft are you speaking of, 100, 200, 300, or 400?? Each of them will weigh different. 100 = 6.5 gpi, 200 = 7.3 gpi, 300 = 8.1 gpi, and 400 = 8.9 gpi. If you were thinking about this shaft, I would recommend trying out a Carbon Express CXL arrow. These shafts are bigger diameter, shoot great, and only weigh about .2 grains heavier than a 3d select. I shoot the CXL 150 arrows and they weigh 6.7 gpi. The 250 size weigh 7.2 gpi. They are excellent shooting arrows, and with the new nock collars they have I very seldom have any problems with them breaking. Hope this helps!!

·
Miller Time
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thinking the 100s. On-target says that I need lowed spined arrow and somwhere between .510 and .530 spine depending on the arrow characteristics and weight of the arrow. This is the problem I'm having. The spine is directly related to the arrow GPI factor. And not having the correct weight plays effect on weather or not I use a metanock, point weight, wrap or no wrap and the FOC I'm tring to achieve. If you have never used this program it is the single best tool for archer's that like to tinker and tweek set-ups. IE. I have a Hoyt Protec 65 lbs 27in draw and 85gr point. Most peoples first thought 5575spine if shooting GT's well after calculating every imaginable factor my set-up needs a 3555. Doing so will increase my speedby 6fps, has a better FOC and only lose .4lbs of KE with a lighter arrow.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Ce 3d Selects

can't help you with the bare shafts but this is what i shoot. 28.5 draw length @ 64lbs, 27.5 " arrow length, stock inserts and nocks. my arrow weighs in @ 258 grains without tip. maybe you can get an idea from this ?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Ce 3d Selects

sorry, duh i forgot they are 300's with 3 each 3d duravanes in 2.5 ".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts