Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recived brand new carbon express eliminator hunter arrows and after about 4 or 5 20 yrd shots i noticed that one arrow has started to crack and fall apart if anyone could help me as to why my arrow is doing this i would greatly appreciate it

·
Registered
780 Posts
Could be a bad arrow which does not happen very often at all with Carbon Express. I think it is more likely that you kissed a couple arrows together in the target. With the way some targets stop arrows, a shot that looks an inch apart on the surface could have one target tip hitting another shaft inside the the bag. You will not find any arrow that will standup to being shot with another arrow.

·
Registered
44 Posts
has to be a bad batch, b/c i have been using carbon express terminator hunter arrows for 2 yrs now, not a problem with one, now i switched to the terminator lite hunter, don't know how many times i've smacked the arrows, still work fine.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
i had a problem w/the rear cracking from either a hit by another arrow or also from hitting something hard in a 3d target probably a point of insert...flattened the tip which caused the nock to blow out and cracked the shaft by the nock. after 4 arrows cracking sold them and went back to my old faithfuls. won't go back.

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
trimantrekokc said:
i had a problem w/the rear cracking from either a hit by another arrow or also from hitting something hard in a 3d target probably a point of insert...flattened the tip which caused the nock to blow out and cracked the shaft by the nock. after 4 arrows cracking sold them and went back to my old faithfuls. won't go back.
That is exactly the problem I am having with my Carbon Express CX200's. I am only shooting one arrow at a time into bales of straw. Looks like I may be changing, too!!!

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Please post your set-up and what size arrow you are shooting (spine, length, pt weight).

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
thats funny, because i had a touch of TP in my basement and put a CE Maxima 350 into my basement cement wall at 10 yrds and all it did was pop the nock off the back. re-installed nock, flexed it and it was ready to go back in the quiver.

Now my GT's i had last year well i smashed 6 of them when i missed.

·
Colorblind blood trailer
2,566 Posts
FirefliteArcher said:
i just recived brand new carbon express eliminator hunter arrows and after about 4 or 5 20 yrd shots i noticed that one arrow has started to crack and fall apart if anyone could help me as to why my arrow is doing this i would greatly appreciate it

Need more info. Where is it cracking? What are you shooting into? What's your setup? etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
carbon express arrows

I have had nothing but good luck with carbon express. Could be a bad batch or maybe you slammed a few together in target. Good luck. P.S This is my first Thread(?) > I Have just bought my first computer and I am not very knowlegable with forums,etc. This program is great and we owe a lot to whoever put the work in it. woodsman2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts