Archery Talk Forum banner

Carbon Express Arrow question

553 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  JeffB
Can anyone tell me the difference between the CX 3D Maxima's and the regular Maxima's. On the website the specs are the same. What's up?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
862 Posts
If you shoot past 40 yards a lot you will notice a difference.

· Registered
3,955 Posts
Assuming great spine consistency is out of the equation- straightness very much matters- ESPECIALLY with fixed blade broadheads and higher arrow speeds and longer distance-any combination of them.

I cannot stand any wobble- at all. Maybe its because I started shooting alums and the only time the arrow would wobble is if it was bent. Most of the pultrudeds had little wobble either- far better on average than modern carbons arrows. Straightness is a real issue with Insert type carbons, and I refuse to pay top dollar for a dozen arrows and I have to relegate half of them to "field point only" use. Cutting a bit form each end usually helps but most manufacturers still have issues that they did 10 years ago- nature of the beast with the way these things are constructed.

A/C/Cs, CX Maxima selects, CT XPs, whatever- I buy the straightest best spined shafts I can find. Thats just me, ymmv.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.