Archery Talk Forum banner

*Carbon Express Arrow Weights*

991 Views 11 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  J-Daddy
guys im having a hard time finding enough info on how to figure out the wieght of your arrow.. ive done many searches and still cant really get the hang of it. Im shooting 28.5" Carbon express piledriver hunters at 11.3 grains per inch. they have the original predator vains on them and also the bulldogg nock collars.. no wraps or anything like that and im going to be shooting 100 grain tips.. any help would be great!!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
337 Posts
471 Grains with about a 9.6% foc might want to look at going to 125 grain tips, Its what i had to do to get my piledrivers to fly right

· Registered
4,284 Posts
For hunting they are fine since heavy arrows penetrate very well. I don't shoot 3D so i can't comment in that aspect but my thinking is a little lighter arrow would be better, but not a requirement.

· Registered
38 Posts
You will definitely have enough KE to knock down a horse but if you really want to know the weight, go to a bow shop and weigh one? Heck, while you are there, maybe you can chrono your bow and figure the KE. :)

· Fat Jesus
29,133 Posts
I'm gonna shoot the Carbon Express Mayhem 350's this year... 26.5" long "carbon, not counting nocks", 4" wrap, 4 Blazers, Bohning Blazer nocks & CX Bulldog collars and I added 20gr screw in weights to the back of my inserts and I'm shooting 100r heads...If my math is right they are about 436grs. "waiting on my new digi scale to get here"...
For hunting they will get the job done on pretty much anything walking in North America.
For 3-d honestly they are kinda heavy I think...Lighter shafts work better since you gain more speed, speed is good in 3-d. I'm thinking about building some Carbon Express Mach-5 shafts for 3-d this year to get my weight down to about 360grs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.