Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the big difference between the Carbon Express arrows sold at Bass Pro Shops or Cabela's and a local Archery shop. Besides $40.

The guy at the Archery shop said there is a big difference in the straightness.

He also said that the one's sold at the big stores are rejects from the ones send to the smaller local pro shops.

I'm using these arrows strictly from deer hunting.

Thanks

Jay

·
Registered
827 Posts
the bass pro carbon supreme arrows are the exact same as the carbon express terminators. not rejects, just unlabeled so redhead can put their label and logo on them. the bass pro cabon maxx is the carbon express CX series that have gone over the weight tolerances. for the past 3 years i have been using the redhead carbon maxx and the 3 years prior to that i was using the redhead carbon supreme. when i looked into these arrows years ago i spoke with eastman outfitters who owns carbon express and redhead who makes the arrows for bass pro and what i said above is what i got from both companies

·
32,711 Posts
harrisonhunter said:
What is the big difference between the Carbon Express arrows sold at Bass Pro Shops or Cabela's and a local Archery shop. Besides $40.

The guy at the Archery shop said there is a big difference in the straightness.

He also said that the one's sold at the big stores are rejects from the ones send to the smaller local pro shops.

I'm using these arrows strictly from deer hunting.

Thanks

Jay
I don't think there is any difference and I'll tell you why. I don't think Carbon Express would put out inferior arrows, arrows that could result in law suits. I'm no authority on these companies but I really don't think they could afford to put out seconds to box dealers. JMHO

·
Registered
104 Posts
harrisonhunter said:

I am no expert on arrows, but it seems that if the arrows sold at the big stores are rejects, then there are a lot more rejects than quality arrows on the market. I could be wrong, but aren't there a lot more big retailers out there selling more arrows (in terms of CE brand) than local archery shops? Just a thought. :wink:

·
32,711 Posts
Aaron_73 said:
I am no expert on arrows, but it seems that if the arrows sold at the big stores are rejects, then there are a lot more rejects than quality arrows on the market. I could be wrong, but aren't there a lot more big retailers out there selling more arrows (in terms of CE brand) than local archery shops? Just a thought. :wink:
If you really think about it, there are alot more big box stores out there than we can imagine and I can't see Wal-Mart (who are currently selling CX 300s) buying only seconds. Can you imagine the thousands and thousands of seconds Carbon Express would have to make to supply all the Wal-Marts out there. I don't see it myself. Also, they buy the arrows from CX by the thousands so they get them cheaper by the dozen so to speak and they can sell them cheaper.

·
32,711 Posts
TXD said:
the bass pro carbon supreme arrows are the exact same as the carbon express terminators. not rejects, just unlabeled so redhead can put their label and logo on them. the bass pro cabon maxx is the carbon express CX series that have gone over the weight tolerances. for the past 3 years i have been using the redhead carbon maxx and the 3 years prior to that i was using the redhead carbon supreme. when i looked into these arrows years ago i spoke with eastman outfitters who owns carbon express and redhead who makes the arrows for bass pro and what i said above is what i got from both companies
Thats interesting and I think your right with this and the arrows they put out are probably as good as CXs etc. I'd buy them if they are their quality arrows not the cheap ones. I did that at Gander Mt. and the pro warned me about them splitting at the nock and he was right. I had two of them split and I was convinced. Usually, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
rembrandt said:
Thats interesting and I think your right with this and the arrows they put out are probably as good as CXs etc. I'd buy them if they are their quality arrows not the cheap ones. I did that at Gander Mt. and the pro warned me about them splitting at the nock and he was right. I had two of them split and I was convinced. Usually, you get what you pay for.
Did your pro also warn you about Gold Tips splitting at the nock end too, or about Beman, or Easton, or ........ Well hopefully you got the point, or is it the nock. :zip:

Using a Pin nock style reduces/prevents the problem you experienced. So does not shooting into groups. But considering that we all do it, learn to inspect all of your arrows, including the nock end. :angel:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I sHoot both! Carbon Express and Carbon Supreme and they are great!!! If you want a heavier hunting arrow the Carbon Supremes are great.

·
Registered
129 Posts
direct from the mouth of the carbon express rep at the b/p outdoor expo last year.
"redhead branded arrows exceeded carbon express weight tolerances . though not an inferior shaft by any means. you just might not get a dozen that are closely matched weight wise. otherwise they are the same shafts.
wal mart c/x arrows are the real thing.(c/x branded)
so weigh your shafts if possible thats all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts