Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up some carbon express assault lp broadheads today. Drug out my broadhead target. Shot several times with the broadhead vs field points and the assault shot left 3 or 4 inches and seemed to drift up and down a little. I put a tiny rubber washer on behind it to try to line up the blades with the vanes better and it still shot left. Switched it to another arrow and it shot high but maybe a little straighter over the target. Heard a pop as it hit branch. Went to pick it up and the arrow shaft snapped a few inches in front of the fletching. :mg: Broke off two blades after hitting a very small branch and maybe bouncing off another one. The front part of the arrow shaft and broadhead were buried in the dirt. I had also shot a magnus stinger 2 blade and a rocket sidewinder during this session which both shot virtually identical to my field points. The arrow is an easton ST Epic carbon. My setup is 50# draw on a rytera bullet x, the arrows weigh about 419 gr with the broadheads and are going 238 fps. It was fun to test it but now I need to borrow a metal detector to see if I can find the blades in the grass so my kid doesn't step on them. I will be shooting the rockets and the stingers this year. The carbon express did seem to do more damage to my broadhead target than the other two heads, so I am sure if it went into a deer it would do the deed, if it made it thru the ribs. But it does not seem to want to fly like I want it to from my rig. When shooting fixed blades on carbon arrows is it critical to match up the blades with the vanes? A guy was telling me you had to glue the inserts in and line them up before the glue sets. I have not heard that before. Is there any reason that using the little rubber o ring behind the point would not be a good idea? I had one on the magnus stinger and it flew great.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts