Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen some CXL 2 with yellow twists down the shaft and I have seen some with just the older style blue twist. Are the arrows that have the yellow down the shaft are these the newer arrows that Carbon Express have produced? I'm looking to get at least 1/2 a dozen and wanted to know the difference. Thanks

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
51,110 Posts
The ones with the yellow a CXL2, newer version, comes with a bulldog collar. I have both and notice no difference. I use them for target shooting only and like them.:wink:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
The new shafts are the ones with the yellow weave on the front 2/3. The back 1/3 of these shafts has a diamond weave which is lighter than the back 1/3 of the 08 CXL-SS. Last year I shot the CXL-SS, this year I am shooting the CXL's with the yellow weave and love them. Interstingly, the yellow weave makes them look much bigger than the 08's but they are the same diameter.They do weigh a little more than my last years arrows did when cut to the same length.

I definitely recommend them and they are one of the coolest looking arrows or 2009. They shoot great.

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,539 Posts
My CXL SS's have the blue/green weave on the front 2/3 thirds and nothing on the back. I bought these in '08 and as far as I know they are exactly the same in '09 unless they've changed the "buff tuff" pattern to gold like what they put on the new this year X-Jammer -27's. I really like how my -27's look!!! The yellow/gold is more eye catching than the blue/green that is on my CXL SS's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts