Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just got a Carbon Express F-15 Expandable broadhead for free, and I was wondering if anyone out there has used these yet. If so, do the expandable ones fly like your field points do? My arrows are tuned of course.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Why thank you for the move. I wasn't thinking.:doh:

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ttt

·
Registered
709 Posts
I got my free mechanical F-15 in the mail today, too. I studied it & looked it over, but for some reason I can't get excited about it. I can't put my finger on it, but I am a bit scared of the design. Looks flimsy & like it would clog.

I'll wait and let some other folks be the guinea pig before I try them. With as many free ones as they've given away, surely there'll be some reviews soon of actual hits/kills.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got my free mechanical F-15 in the mail today, too. I studied it & looked it over, but for some reason I can't get excited about it. I can't put my finger on it, but I am a bit scared of the design. Looks flimsy & like it would clog.

I'll wait and let some other folks be the guinea pig before I try them. With as many free ones as they've given away, surely there'll be some reviews soon of actual hits/kills.
Alright. ttt for any other opinions.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm... the website says they can arrive between 24hrs and 4 weeks,,,:confused::rolleyes:

·
Registered
187 Posts
mine came in about 3 days.

seemed fast to me for a "free" broadhead. not sure how sharp the thing is. neat looking for sure. not sure how it will preform on game.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
seemed fast to me for a "free" broadhead. not sure how sharp the thing is. neat looking for sure. not sure how it will preform on game.
Maybe try it out on cyote or jack rabbits first...

·
Game Destroyer
2,659 Posts
I got mine last week. The blades on mine were EXTREMELY sharp...just ask my finger. I found my blades a little weak...if it cuts well enough it shouldn't clog...but penetration CAN'T be great unless you have a lot of momentum due to the cutting surfaces. I know I would not like to hit a shoulder with this thing.

I am going to start deer hunting here in the next couple of weeks, I will post my findings.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I got my free one last week...

After looking it over, I decided not to even try it out...

Blades werent very sharp at all...the main blade on the ferrule was dull...

the blades seemed pretty flimsy...

plus I am not a big fan of rubber bands...

I was expecting more out of it, I don't know why though.....

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If mine looks or sounds as bad as what you guys are getting, i may just use it on yotes and hares.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I didn't trust the expandable so I got the fixed and it's and AWESOME head IMO...I'm going to see what it does on a doe early season but my blades were REALLY sharp and shot right along with my FPs...I'll let you guys know how she does!!

·
WapitiBob
6,935 Posts
I used F15 fixed last year.
It didn't even slow down going thru my dink Bull.
The bleeders do as advertised, cutting a "slot" that won't close up.
They are a little too narrow for me to try again but they certainly weren't a bad head.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I got one of the mechs because it was free. The blades on mine were sharp before I shot it a few times. I shot it an a muzzy into my 18-1 just to compare and I know its not nearly scientific or a flesh like test, they both pentrated the same every time. I was surprised, I really thought the design wouldn't let it penetrate as well. It appeared to open fully on contact as well. I didn't think the blades were any less sturdy than say a rocket steelhead.

·
Registered
540 Posts
got my fixed blade and shot it today. my first impression was that it is a well built blade. i spun it onto one of my fmj's and took my first 5 shots from 30yds then 5 more from 50 and to my suprise it hit as consistantly as my field points did. the only thing i am uncertain about it is being able to sharpen the blades, like most bh's i have used this one was not as sharp out of the box as i would have liked. i like to be able to hone the blades to a true razor edge but with this blade i have not yet figure out how to take it apart to sharpen it.

·
BnBSlings
3,229 Posts
I used the fixed last year and they did great and just invested in the expandles becuase our gander mountain had them for 15 dollars a pack (i bought 5 packs for gifts and what not) aand they seem to hold up well to targets and definitely fly great as well

·
Registered
53 Posts
got my fixed blade and shot it today. my first impression was that it is a well built blade. i spun it onto one of my fmj's and took my first 5 shots from 30yds then 5 more from 50 and to my suprise it hit as consistantly as my field points did. the only thing i am uncertain about it is being able to sharpen the blades, like most bh's i have used this one was not as sharp out of the box as i would have liked. i like to be able to hone the blades to a true razor edge but with this blade i have not yet figure out how to take it apart to sharpen it.

round washer with 2 tabs pushed up against the base, pop it off and slide the bleeders to the rear.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts