Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a huge mechanical broadhead fan - have shot Rage's for the last 5 years. However, last year, I had a 3 blade Rage not open when I hit my 9pt on a hard quartering away shot. We found the deer but only through the grace of God.

I decided to try some fixed blade heads this year but was leary since I went up in speed quite a bit. I am shooting around 325fps out of my PSE Evo and was worried about planing which I have had numerous issues with in the past. I have read quite a bit about the Carbon Express F-15 fixed blades so I gave them a try.

All I can say is WOW! Even shooting a speed bow, I was able to stack the broadhead tipped arrow next to my field tipped arrow shot after shot - 30 yards was a piece of cake - shafts were touching at 30 yards.

The only dissapointment was that one of the 3 heads came out of the pack and did not spin test well - I had to "adjust" it to get it to spin right. Right now, I have 3 perfectly spinning fixed head arrows ready for the season!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
good luck with them. they flew well for me, but rolled a tip simply resetting a nocturnal. soft metal, so i moved away from them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts