Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble with my Maximas splitting out in the nock end. I called CX to see what was causing it and I was told it was possibly caused by the Bohning DBL lock nock that I installed along with removing the bulldog collars.
Aparently CX has a .244 ID and most others are .245. I was unaware that this was the case but who whould have thought that .001 would make a difference.

Just wanted to pass this along as some FYI.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
When I push nocks into any arrow if they fit too tight I sand them down a little. If I cannot turn the nock somewhat easily it is too tight.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought them in the lancaster showroom, just shafts. They cut them for me thats it. I shoot FOBs on and off and I have to remove the collars for them, but I guess I should have checked the bohning nocks before installing them?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have had the same problems with my 3D selects with CX nocks.....and no collars. I started installing the fobs over top of the collars and havent had a problem yet. The fobs pop off just like they always have but with the collar still in them.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I use Maxima 350's non weight forward. I have always removed the nock collars and installed Easton uni-bushings and G-nocks. Never had a problem. Prep the arrow with a stainless brush to score the inside of the shaft/clean with acetone, use 2 part epoxy to glue in the uni-bushings.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I use Maxima 350's non weight forward. I have always removed the nock collars and installed Easton uni-bushings and G-nocks. Never had a problem. Prep the arrow with a stainless brush to score the inside of the shaft/clean with acetone, use 2 part epoxy to glue in the uni-bushings.
I have done this with the last couple dozen i have bought as well.It cost a little more in the beginning but I know it has saved at least a dozen arrows.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really dont want to cut anymore off the arrow but would I be ok just cutting the crack off the rear end?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts