Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
mathews vertix sub alpine,catfish bow strings
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have a problem with there bulldog collars being loose??seems to me they just be fairly snug.my nocks don't move but I can easily spin the collar around on the shafts.just don't seem right:confused:

· Lift, Run, Shoot
15,074 Posts
Nope, because I toss them.

Lose the collars. You don't need them.

I shoot Beiter nocks straight out of the back end (no collars) and there simply is no better combination. Beiters are, by far, the best nocks you can possibly shoot out of carbon express arrows and the bulldog collars don't serve a worthwhile purpose IMO. (get the CX size on the Beiters and put a very small amount of string wax on the insert portion of them which helps them stay in place a touch better)

· In 'Da Head
24,270 Posts
I haven't had an issue with my bulldog collars; however, the trick to loose nocks can hold true for bulldog collars as well. Put a plastic bag (thin one from the grocery store) over the end of the shaft. Push the collar down over the bag onto the shaft and she'll be snug:thumb:

· Registered
5,479 Posts
I haven't tried beiter nocks.
My collars aren't loose. I thought the collars are there to help prevent robin hood shots?
The bulldog collars protect the back of the arrow from impacts, and do serve a good purpose, but they don't prevent robin hoods. I've done it with CXLs with the collar in place.

I started removing the collars on my CX arrows. I don't shoot groups enough with them now to make a difference.

· Registered
5,465 Posts
Could it be you have 350 collars on 250 arrows? I personally use acc-60 unibushings and G Nocks, much better combination and protection than the collars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.