Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone shot any of the maxima arrows? I am getting new arrows and trying to decide between carbon express maxima line and gold tip

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I've had both. I don't see the extra price on the carbon express lines. They are pretty expensive in my opinion. I'd rather get a dozen pro hunters with bushings and G nocks. Will be about the same price but the bushings really help protect your arrow. Both are pretty tough from what I have seen.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
If money matters. Get GTs. If price is secondary get the CE.

Both perform great. One brand is just costly vs the other

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
I shot maxima hunters and took off the bull dog nock collars for weight reasons. they all cracked in the back and I don't group my arrows. not sure how it happened. I went to Gold Tip XT hunters. they are a lot tougher. I won't go back to CE.. all you need is the XT hunter. same arrow as the pro, just not quite as straight, and less expensive. you won't know the difference. I don't know why people shell out more money for the pro other than the word "pro" 99.9% of the people shooting won't be able to notice the difference, even at long yardage. the XT is the best arrow for the dollar in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I have the reds in 350, two kills, two complete pass through s , both hit ribs, one also went through the lower back leg. recovered both arrows without any damage. I agree with most in that they are expensive

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
the carbon express bulldog nock collars aren't bullet proof.they will give way
IMG_0256 (1).jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts