Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now shooting Carbon Express maxima hunter 450's in my 70lb monster. I have shot Goldtip pro hunters in the past and I am convinved that they are way more tough than the current CE arrows I'm shooting. I have had two arrows break in the past week and never had a goldtip break on me. Am I jumping to conclussions or has someone else shot both of these arrows and had the same experience? thanks

·
Registered
7,807 Posts
Not really close..... Gold Tip waaaaaaay over CE.

Have you thought about the Kinetics? I did cherry pick.... but I am doing the XT's.

·
Socket Man
24,303 Posts
I am a believer in gold tip pro hunters, my dad has 6 of them he got years ago and they are all still in his hunting bow. My maximas also broke all the time for next to no reason where gold tips just hold up to the abuse. Secondly I group tune gold tips and other brands in a hooter shooter and the gold tips really group tune the best compared to any arrow I have tested.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I am pretty sure that is what I am going to order. Likewise my dad has a dozen that I bought him for father's day two years ago and he has killled over ten deer with them and shot them 5 million times at targets and he has broke one arrow and that was on a deer that went through both shoulders and the deer broke when it jumped and hit the ground. I was just making sure that I was not the only one, but I swear you can look at one of those carbon express's wrong and it will break

·
Registered
478 Posts
Weird, I've had great luck with my carbon express arrows (granted I shoot the blue streaks, but they're still part of the maxima hunter lineup). Never have tried GT's but I have always heard positive reviews. Maybe when I decide I need some more arrows I will take up some GTs

·
Now Older than Dirt
780 Posts
I shoot both and while I can't really say anything bad about the CE Maximas they are nice arrow the Goldtip Pro's are the best arrow I have ever shot. Group tighter and never ever had one break.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I shot CXs for a long time.I bought at least 1 dozen a year for 15 years.Then a couple years ago i was short on cash and needed some arrows so i went with GoldTip Hunter Pro and not the CX 3D Select.And my thought was wow i have been shooting the wrong arrows for the last 15 years.The only thing that CX has on GoldTip is the CX is a better looking arrow.IMO

·
Registered
625 Posts
I used to shoot gold tip and never had a problem until I shot one at a big buck. Upon impact my arrow exploded when it hit the deer. I ended up finding pieces around where I shot the buck and barely got any penetration. My luminok was also broke in half where I found pieces of the arrow. I switched to CE and never had a problem since. Never not had a pass through or one break on me that wasn't destroyed by hitting arrows together.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I shot the Maxima 450's and found them lacking in the durability department too. Can't say I have ever been disappointed in my Gold Tips or Easton's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts