Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Hoyt RX-4 Alpha. Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL QAD HDX rest. Easton Axis arrows. Camo: Realtree Edge
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering if i should try the maxima reds. I currently shoot the 5mm FMJ. Never had any problems with them bending. I hear alot of good things about the Carbon express.

·
Registered
40,236 Posts
Why would you change? I’ve used both. And both are great arrows, but the FMGs hit harder. And by that I mean go deeper into my targets and I have better penetration and pass throughs on deer and hogs. I’ve never used carbon express on bears, but I’ve had 4 passthroughs on big bears using 5mm FMGs. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

·
Gold Supporting Archer
9,984 Posts
I used them both. I prefer the full carbon. Outside metal on the FMJ do sound louder when you draw. They can take a set too. They hit like a jackhammer.

Reds might fly better overall on longer shots. Have no set, weigh less. Are more durable and less sound.

Toss up in my book. But I do prefer ACC over FMJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
825 Posts
Do you like speed or a heavy hitting arrow? Trade offs to each.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
If you want to consider full carbon there's better options than CX. Look at Victory and Black Eagle. Firenock has a new offering that looks really interesting as well- no feedback on them yet though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts