Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
can I shoot it?
17,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any pics, or links to where to find any pics of the new Carbon Express Pile Driver PTX arrow? I would like to see these and how the half in/out insert works and looks. Could someone please post some pics.

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
They are good looking. I saw them at the Asa here. The half out will be much like the CX edge Arriws.

"The streets of heaven are paved with the blood of heroes"

·
can I shoot it?
17,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So are the outserts like the firenock aero outsert used on the black eagle arrows?

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
No they are half in half out.

Something like this if I heard them correctly

·
can I shoot it?
17,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So they are very similar to the new 2013 victory inserts?

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
I don't think the ptx are that small I think they are near axis size

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
They are the same as the old Carbon express edge. It is just rebadged. They are same class of arrow as Black Eagle Rampage, Easton Axis, Gold Tip Kinetics size (0.202"-0.204" ID). Thus Firenock AeroInsert-AS will work very nice on it. FYI, our Firenock Style A which we have 5 nock colors, 3 functions, 3 battery choices, and 2 impact rating nocks will fit that, or 90 options if you wanted to know.

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
No problem I'm interested in these as well. I did get to handle them but honestly my mind went blank.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Well I ordered a dozen shafts that are supposedly in stock that come with the inserts. I guess we'll see. I'll post up pics when they come. I found some pics of the inserts on the Lancaster site. Like the Goldtips half outs, the threads are on the ID of the shaft the shoulder in the outer portion. I hope thats what they end up.

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
Well I ordered a dozen shafts that are supposedly in stock that come with the inserts. I guess we'll see. I'll post up pics when they come. I found some pics of the inserts on the Lancaster site. Like the Goldtips half outs, the threads are on the ID of the shaft the shoulder in the outer portion. I hope thats what they end up.
That's what they explained to me

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
Carbon Express CX Edge with half out

Don't know if this helps at all, but here is a CE CX Edge 350 with a half out installed.

View attachment 1636357

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Well I have them. I like what I see. I haven't assembled any will post some pics shortly. Thee half outserts are steel. They don't look like the pics va limbhanger posted. These are either black oxide finished or zinc and black. I cant wait to test them out. The base of the head is a little larger in diameter (on our VPA broadheads anyway) so they should penetrate better. I'll have to try and do some side by side testing comparison with the PileDriver hunters of the same spine this weekend if I get a chance. Will post some pics if get a chance to do the tests.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Does anyone have any pics, or links to where to find any pics of the new Carbon Express Pile Driver PTX arrow? I would like to see these and how the half in/out insert works and looks. Could someone please post some pics.
I assume this is the same arrow you are talking about??

Pictured next to Pile Driver Hunter. Both are 350s. The new one is .040" smaller in diameter and uses a half-outsert.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
That's it

Signature line changed to appease a few who don't understand the meaning of the old one.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
I have the all black carbon express piledrivers and what a great arrow ! Mine are a year old but fly great and are super tough . Shooting them with my evo they seem to like blazer vanes or the blazer x2's .

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I will have to say I love this arrow!! Fletched 1/2 of them with Blazers on helical for my 150s and down and the other half with 4" vanes on helical for the heavies. They fly great. Blew a lot of them through the target at 35yds and was finding most of them together 15-20yds behind. I didn't get the chance to do the side by side comparison with my Piledriver Hunter 350s like I wanted but I ordered another dozen of these today. I have never done that before if that says anything.

Man if you were to put a footer covering the last couple inches of the shaft and the half outsert then put a heavy broadhead out from there would be no stopping these things.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts