Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any trouble with carbon express CXL selects? I've heard a few bad stories that they aren't as straight as they are supposed to be, they lose their spine, and they break very easily. Which would be a better choice for 3d, Cxl 250 or X7 2412?

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
I've had no problems with my CXL's and I've been shooting them for about a year now. If you're trying to decide between the CXL250 and the 2412, the 2412 is going to be very, very stiff if the 250 is the right spine. If you can get away with shootig the 2412, that's the one I would choose if I were you, because they're cheaper and since they're aluminum, they'll last a bit longer than the CXL. The CXL's are more fragile than the aluminums, but as I'm sure you know, everything is a give and take relationship.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Although I have not shot the CXL's I have heard that they are not very durable. You would be much better off with a CX200 with a -60 uni bushing. Aluminums can't be beat either, but they do bend. Another very tough 3D shaft is the Goldtips.

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
Oh, one other thing: as far as arrow straightness, I cut an inch off the back end of every arrow and the remainder from the front and I've yet to find a CXL select that's any straighter than a non-select CXL. I would not spend the extra money for a CXL Select.

Jon's right, the GT's are a pretty tough arrow. Doesn't have the line cutting capability the big shafts do, but they'll last a heck of a lot longer - again, that give and take relationship.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I've shyed away from the cxl's because they are too
fragile..cx 200 3d selects are'nt as big but are certainly
more durable.. gold tip 22 series are very durable and
right between the c.e. 3d selects and the cxl's.(the 22's are
22/64, the cxls are 23/64 size..

If you shoot heavier weight bows, the gold tips won't
be a problem for speed but lightweight draw bows
might not get close to 280 fps with them, in that case
the 3d selects or pse carbon force comp pros would
be a better choice for durability, speed, and consistency.

Also, the cxl selects are .003 straightness.. the 3d selects
and carbon force comp pros are .001 straightness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts