Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8,059 Posts
I've had no problems with my CXL's and I've been shooting them for about a year now. If you're trying to decide between the CXL250 and the 2412, the 2412 is going to be very, very stiff if the 250 is the right spine. If you can get away with shootig the 2412, that's the one I would choose if I were you, because they're cheaper and since they're aluminum, they'll last a bit longer than the CXL. The CXL's are more fragile than the aluminums, but as I'm sure you know, everything is a give and take relationship.

· Registered
8,059 Posts
Oh, one other thing: as far as arrow straightness, I cut an inch off the back end of every arrow and the remainder from the front and I've yet to find a CXL select that's any straighter than a non-select CXL. I would not spend the extra money for a CXL Select.

Jon's right, the GT's are a pretty tough arrow. Doesn't have the line cutting capability the big shafts do, but they'll last a heck of a lot longer - again, that give and take relationship.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.