Archery Talk Forum banner

Carbon Fiber Treestand

4176 Views 36 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  Highball
I'm not an engineer, nor do I play one on TV:wink: But I was wondering why haven't we seen any manufacturers offer a treestand made out of carbon fiber? I know that it would cost more, but you could probably cut the weight in half over a standard aluminum stand. Imagine carrying a 7lb. climber? I would pay $200+ more for a stand this light.
Now all you manufacturers that read this and run back to your R&D team with this idea, better call my attorney first...
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
2,947 Posts
I'm not an engineer, nor do I play one on TV:wink: But I was wondering why haven't we seen any manufacturers offer a treestand made out of carbon fiber? I know that it would cost more, but you could probably cut the weight in half over a standard aluminum stand. Imagine carrying a 7lb. climber? I would pay $200+ more for a stand this light.
Now all you manufacturers that read this and run back to your R&D team with this idea, better call my attorney first...

Your paying over that now, so you want a CF stand and will want to pay the same??:confused: LOL

It would be cool to see one come out, but I think my fat arse would be to scared to try it... At almost 260 pounds, it would have to have a pretty good video showing me it can take the weight.. IT would be cool though!

· Reverend
6,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, I meant I would be willing to pay $200 +/- over a standard price.

· Registered
5,351 Posts
I like it for the weight and the less noise when setting up scout hunting. I would pay a few hundred if I had to...:rolleyes:

· Registered
704 Posts
Ol' Man made one before they went out of business. They are now back but I have not seen there new line up.

· Reverend
6,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I forgot who made one, maybe High Country? But didn't they produce a bow with a carbon riser back in the early 90's? If I remember correctly it wasn't too expensive. Now I don't now if the material they used is different from today's carbon fiber...

· Registered
232 Posts
What is the current litest bowhunter friendly climbing stand on the market right now?I've pondered this question myself many times.That with todays technolgy and materials they should be able to make a very lite weight tree stand.Most of them I see online or in Cabela's and Bas Pro catalogs are 18-21 lbs.

· Fat Jesus
29,133 Posts
Ol' Man had a carbon fiber climbing stand years ago....I'm still kickin my own butt for not buying one back then.
Yes HCA offered numerous bows with Carbon risers on them, I never owned one but had freinds that did....They were really light weight.

· Reverend
6,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What is the current litest bowhunter friendly climbing stand on the market right now?I've pondered this question myself many times.That with todays technolgy and materials they should be able to make a very lite weight tree stand.Most of them I see online or in Cabela's and Bas Pro catalogs are 18-21 lbs.
For a hand climber I would guess Lone Wolf- 14#
Sit and Stand, again Lone Wolf- 18#
Summit Broadhead (no longer made :cry:)- 18#

· Registered
3,190 Posts
Timber Tall at11.5 lbs and they are ultra cool and adjustable while climbing. They are a little more expensive than the rest. I would imagine that is why you dont here much about them. That just goes to show you what a few extra bucks tacked on to the price will do.

· Registered
5,442 Posts
I would pay $700 or $800 for a 7 pound climber..

· Registered
169 Posts
Its kinda funny you would bring this up. I actually work for a huge aircraft company and have to deal with graphite fibers all the time and I've also thought of coming up with a way to make arrows and treestands.

· Registered
14,752 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.