Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
USAA Regional-L4 Coach
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there has been a lot of talk about how good a deal the Carbon Impact's are for beginners I thought I'd post some more detail of information I've gathered.

What's included..

All prefletched arrows and shafts from carbon impact come WITH all components. (points, nocks, fletches) You do NOT need to order each part separately.
You can purchase just Superclub shafts and they also come with all components EXCEPT vanes/Fletches.

Configurations

Superclubs come with brass points and carbon impact press in nocks these only come small grove
Ultrafasts come with Stainless break off points, Pin's and Pin nocks. You can get small and large groove.

Ultrafast Green have a tolerance of +/- .003"
Ultrafast Orange have a tolerance of +/- .004"
Ultrafast Yellow have a tolerance of +/- .006"
Ultrafast Yellow can be purchased prefletched.

Sizes and uncut length

Super Club 5/15 (1500 spine) - 27 3/4"
Super Club 10/20 (1200 spine) - 28 3/4"
Super Club 15/25 (950 spine) - 30 1/4"
Super Club 20/30 (820 spine) - 30 3/4"
Super Club 30/40 (620 spine) - 31 3/4"
Super Club 40/50 (500 spine)- 32 3/4"

Ultra Fast 1500 - 27 3/4"
Ultra Fast 1200 - 28 3/4"
Ultra Fast 950 - 30 1/4"
Ultra Fast 820 30 3/4"
Ultra Fast 710 31 1/4"
Ultra Fast 620 31 3/4"
Ultra Fast 550 32 1/4"
Ultra Fast 500 32 3/4"
Ultra Fast 450 33 1/4"
Ultra Fast 400 33 1/4"

Prices - MSRP per doz

Superclub shafts = 72.73
Superclub arrows = 78.33
Ultrafast Shafts Yellow label = 86.74
Ultrafast Shafts Orange label = 95.48
Ultrafast Shafts Green label = 110.32
Ultrafast Arrows Yellow label = 97.94

Dealers may have discounted prices. Don't forget to add extra for cutting and assembly if you don't have the means or tools to do so. Also add shipping if you don't have a "free shipping" offer.

This spine chart from their website. As with most spine charts, it gets you in the ball park. I find theirs also spines a little stiff but it's very reasonable considering most archers looking at the superclubs are beginner/intermediates.

CI-spine.jpg

And a link to the Carbon Impact Website.

·
Genesis 21:20
20,766 Posts
Excellent info there. Any suggestions on the best place to order UltraFast arrows/shafts?

I first saw these at the 2005 ATA show in Indy, where I met Pierre (the inventor of the all-carbon arrow, and former pres. of Beman arrows). He seemed like a good guy, and his product really meets a need for so many beginning and intermediate archers on a budget.

SuperClubs and UltraFasts are incredibly light for their respective spine, which also helps us get kids out to their distances with the least possible draw weight. This helps us avoid injury and gradually ease them into the sport which is great for everyone. It's not often a single product makes such a difference in a sport, but IMO, the SuperClubs do just that. I've started nearly every one of my JOAD and even AA archers on them in the past 4 years, and even had one student recently make the World Field Team in Junior Barebow, shooting SuperClubs.

·
GIS guy
1,722 Posts
What construction are the Super Clubs? Pultruded?

Thanks.
I'm not sure what construction method is used, but they don't appear pultruded. They also don't look quite like a wrapped & sanded tube either. They have an appearance different than any other carbon arrows I've seen in-person. Should be the same construction method as the UltraFasts, which I also don't know.

-Kent W.

·
20,766 Posts
They are woven carbon and for that reason are incredibly tough but still very light. The perfect arrow for the beginning and intermediate target archer. I'd be half my JOAD club is shooting Super Clubs right now, even many of the adults.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Email/call carbon impact directly - they will be happy to take your order.

They are a very tough shaft

·
USAA Regional-L4 Coach
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As far as orders direct, I think it kind of depends on if you have a local retailer that carries the arrow you are looking for. At least that's what they asked me before they took my first order.

I think this is Fair enough.. They don't need to be underselling the brick and mortars that are supporting them. Since few dealers carry the ultrafast line including Lancaster, they will probably be more than willing to sell you those.

Be forewarned however. Because of the extremely high demand for these arrows, there can often be back order issues with Carbon Impact. (I think Lancaster has a back order listing for most sizes right now) They have commitments to some of their larger dealers that they need to fill. That being said, They have been very reasonable with trying to take care of me quickly.

·
Registered
10,858 Posts
What construction are the Super Clubs? Pultruded?

Thanks.
They are visually very similar to a type of carbon tube construction known as filament wound. But I do believe they also have an inner construction which is wrapped.

Either way they don't break like typical carbon arrows do, very little chance of splinters.

-Grant

·
USAA Regional-L4 Coach
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
John and Grant, thanks. That's my last concern calmed. It would be great now if we could get a local distributor.
Email them. When I was talking to Jennifer yesterday, she mentioned that she was working on a large order headed to the UK. They may have a distributor closer to you.

DC

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hello :)

My daughter and I have been shooting 15/25's and they have held up nicely...however, recently, MY 15/25's have been grouping erratically and I believe that this is due to several THOUSAND shootings of them. I am ordering more of them because I know that they group well for several thousand shots and I am very happy that they can sell these within the price range of beginners. Shot-for-shot, $-for-$, I believe that these are a very good value and are very light in weight allowing longer distances down range.

·
20,766 Posts
They are visually very similar to a type of carbon tube construction known as filament wound. But I do believe they also have an inner construction which is wrapped.

Either way they don't break like typical carbon arrows do, very little chance of splinters.

-Grant
Oh, I think Pierre learned his lesson about pultruded shafts and splinters very well. ;)

·
USAA Regional-L4 Coach
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just getting back to this.

FYI for those of you building your own strings, For beginners, using b55 or b50 dacron string.

I have found that 10 strands and .014" center serving is perfect for the CI, Super club's insert nocks. 12 strand is a little tight but works.

I have to build a couple of 8125 strings so will report back on those after I test a few fits.

·
12 stepper for gear...
3,834 Posts
Just getting back to this.

FYI for those of you building your own strings, For beginners, using b55 or b50 dacron string.

I have found that 10 strands and .014" center serving is perfect for the CI, Super club's insert nocks. 12 strand is a little tight but works.

I have to build a couple of 8125 strings so will report back on those after I test a few fits.
I have been using 14 strands 8125 with .019 serving with my sons arrows.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 129 Posts