Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Primum Non Nocere
6,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one and why. What are the top shooters using and what are the results???

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Not a top shooter.. But I use GT UL pro 22's and 30x's.

Why:

Many good comments from others

They seem to be very tough

Shoot vert well out of our bows.. when we miss, it isn't becuase of the arrows

Hunting: I use Easton axis

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Aluminum for me,specifically the X-7 elipse.Consistently the same in weight and straightness,and a huge range of sizes.I think anyone can get this arrow working for them with a little work.Good dia. for line splitting and available uni-bushings, what more could you ask for:thumbs_up

·
Primum Non Nocere
6,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heavy dart said:
Aluminum for me,specifically the X-7 elipse.Consistently the same in weight and straightness,and a huge range of sizes.I think anyone can get this arrow working for them with a little work.Good dia. for line splitting and available uni-bushings, what more could you ask for:thumbs_up
Thanks for the input guys...

Heavy dart... What do you think of your Ultratecs and what speeds are you getting?

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
mtmedic said:
Thanks for the input guys...

Heavy dart... What do you think of your Ultratecs and what speeds are you getting?
Well, I hate to use this word in reference to a bow,but I do "love" the UT.I've learned everything about archery on this bow.(the UT was my first high end bow)I used one UT to shoot all types of archery at first,and I have been able to make the it do all things.
When the time came to acquire a second bow for target I tried every other bow I could get my hands on in an effort to find something better.I even bought another bow,but it did not work out.So I kicked myself and got another UT.
A lot of very wise people at AT have suggested that if you really want to shoot well find the most comfortable bow for you and stick with it,and so that is what I have done
I like everything about the UT, the appearance,the way it shoots,the grip and especially the results:)
As for speed I believe I am getting very close to 300fps on my 3-D bow with 28" draw @ 60lbs. with CT Cheetahs right at the least weight I can get away with.
The target bow I'm not sure except to say it's slow.I can see those logs all the way to the X:wink:
I've got lots more to say about the UT,but I don't want to bore you:zip:

·
Primum Non Nocere
6,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I have been shooting them and am considering a new one for 3D season in 08. What cams are you using?

·
Primum Non Nocere
6,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
heavy dart said:
Cam.5 I have been hearing some disturbing rumours about changes coming for the UT Have you heard anything?
No I have not but I will keep my ears open. I just started managing an archery shop and we are a Hoyt dealer so I have been looking at them a little more as I have never owned one. I am impressed with the UT and am thinking hard about it. If I hear anything I will let you know.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Not a Pro but Alum- Carbon

I like the 2613 X-7 eclipse 30" w 150 gr. 4 rh feathers' extra line cutting ability.
I am considering the Gold Tip 30Xs this year w/ 180 gr.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
will be using 2613s, thats just what I like for spots,

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Will be shooting the Easton 2613s for league at the shop this year. Has always been my favorite.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts