Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

· Registered
2010 APA Black Mamba 6.5
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I filled them with compressed packing peanuts. Really light and deadens the sound

· Registered
2010 APA Black Mamba 6.5
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Sometimes yes

· Registered
4,840 Posts
They look good. I did what you did, made inserts then bought SS and aluminum tube to make outserts. I use all SS parts at the far end and aluminum in the middle and riser ends. I made mine two pieces for storage and to use as a carry handle. I did buy the QR 90 deg adaptor.
Ches. Drill Handheld power drill Automotive tire Gas Camera accessory

Reactions: Leviw96

· Registered
2010 APA Black Mamba 6.5
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
They look good. I did what you did, made inserts then bought SS and aluminum tube to make outserts. I use all SS parts at the far end and aluminum in the middle and riser ends. I made mine two pieces for storage and to use as a carry handle. I did buy the QR 90 deg adaptor.
Ches. View attachment 7693668
Very nice.

· Registered
636 Posts
I had an idea but not sure how well it would work. I thought about using plasti-dip spray rubber or flex seal spray to coat the inside of the rods.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I'd be more inclined to stuff foam ear plugs into it, would think the plasti-dip wouldn't reach the middle very well and it does go on thin.

· Registered
2010 APA Black Mamba 6.5
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
My latest set of end caps and weights. Just have to paint them. This stabilizer will be stuffed with foam earplugs.
Automotive tire Asphalt Grey Rim Automotive wheel system

· Registered
2010 APA Black Mamba 6.5
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I used clear 2 part JB weld. In this one.
Wood Wood stain Material property Hardwood Musical instrument accessory

Reactions: omoore

· Registered
4,840 Posts
My latest set of end caps and weights. Just have to paint them. This stabilizer will be stuffed with foam earplugs. View attachment 7718928
Good idea, I used cut up plastic fishing worms and left them slightly loose so they could vibrate. I think.
Ches.

· Registered
6,668 Posts
I think I need to order some parts. I like to use carbon fiber golf shafts. They can be really cheap to free with some digging. Some even have anti vibration built into them. For target stabs they work very well.

For a filling on fatter stabs I like to use the water beads and use just enough liquid to get them to the desired diameter.

· Registered
2010 APA Black Mamba 6.5
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I had a look at my local reuse recycling place for carbon golf clubs and trekking poles. No luck lol.

· Registered
2010 APA Black Mamba 6.5
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I’m going to be getting carbon tubes in after December. To make some more stabilizers up to 20” long.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts