Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading about these suits but haven't committed to them yet.

I saw a statement on Scent Lok's webpage that said that the suits would begin loosing carbon after 4 washes.

Is there anyway to add carbon back to the suit?

I know that the dryer recharges them, but I would think that you'd have to wash them as well to rid them of all scent.

How long should I expect a suit to last?

I'm not trying to start a bashing thread here. I already hunt the wind, wear rubber boots, wash my clothes in hunters detergent and shower down well using hunting soap. I'm just looking to cover all bases.

·
74,535 Posts
How I handle mine

Always hand wash them in warm water in sink.

Place them in the dryer.

Keep them in a Plastic bag sealed untell use.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
ok, so there's no bashing here since i own both. go to www.fastestbows.com and read the articles on carbon clothing, the x scent article and scent eliminator article. 2 things jumped out at me that helped some of the decisions i've made. 1st: no matter how much you try your carbon can only be regenerated very little in a normal home clothes dryer.2nd: carbon does not work very well in the rain.now the decisions i've made. i go with the x scent baselayers and socks as the silver helps to control the anti bacteria that creates odors as well as wick moisture from the skin. i only wear my scent lok over it on non rainy days as i do feel that at least some of the carbon will help control any escaping odor or scent. otherwise i wear my outer x scent camo. i don't buy scent killer anymore as it's just as easy and much cheaper to make my own. imho, i feel mike corrigan has written some very informative articles as well as backing up his statements with scientific data and testing. most of the scent control manufacturers have not done that. so in asking your question your sure to get 100 different answers for and against them. read the articles and go with your own decision after. if you feel confident in the product then your confidence in the field will be the same. hope this helps and sorry it was so long.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Spend lots and lots of $$$ on a fancy carbon suit. After a little wear and cleaning what you have is a suit with carbon that doesn't work. If you want to use carbon use military gas suits. Many times as much carbon so they work better and when they get dirty and bloody you throw them away. They are so cheap you can throw a lot of them away before you spend as much as you do for the fancy stuff. Just my opinion of course.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder how long before someone markets disposable carbon jumpsuits to wear beneath your other gear.....

Seems like this would be an answer to many issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts