Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice on what glue to use on aluminum inserts on goldtip carbon arrows.

Glues I have on hand are 1) 30 min 2 part epoxy 2) gorilla glue super glue impact tough 3) original gorilla glue 4) loctite super glue ultra w/ blue cap 5) bohning fletch-tite platinum.

Little worried about using the gorilla glue super glue as it sets very fast. Hopefully one of the glues I have on hand will be work will but if not I'm open to advice on other glues.

Any of the above mentioned glues I should absolutely avoid?

·
Ice Cold
11,925 Posts
I’d use the impact gorilla glue, or the loctite glue. I wouldn’t worry about it setting up on you. Just put glue on the insert, twist it in the shaft, smack it on a table, and wipe off the excess. It won’t set on you unless you try to twist it all the way in by hand and the inserts are tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’d use the impact gorilla glue, or the loctite glue. I wouldn’t worry about it setting up on you. Just put glue on the insert, twist it in the shaft, smack it on a table, and wipe off the excess. It won’t set on you unless you try to twist it all the way in by hand and the inserts are tight.

I've use the gorilla super glue a few time to reglue some factory inserts before and it set up before I was able to smack it one the table, it was a few years back so I can remember if insert was damaged or something. Anyhow sounds like you had no problems with either superglue (gorilla or loctite)

·
Ice Cold
11,925 Posts
I've use the gorilla super glue a few time to reglue some factory inserts before and it set up before I was able to smack it one the table, it was a few years back so I can remember if insert was damaged or something. Anyhow sounds like you had no problems with either superglue (gorilla or loctite)
Yea worked good for me. I have had one glue in target point set on me but it was a lot longer.

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
I use either Gorrila Glue Gel or Gold Tip Tip Grip. Never had a insert come out using these 2.

·
Registered
19,039 Posts
Hot melt on any insert.

·
Hunter of many things
12,155 Posts
Looking for advice on what glue to use on aluminum inserts on goldtip carbon arrows.

Glues I have on hand are 1) 30 min 2 part epoxy 2) gorilla glue super glue impact tough 3) original gorilla glue 4) loctite super glue ultra w/ blue cap 5) bohning fletch-tite platinum.

Little worried about using the gorilla glue super glue as it sets very fast. Hopefully one of the glues I have on hand will be work will but if not I'm open to advice on other glues.

Any of the above mentioned glues I should absolutely avoid?
1. No way I would wait that long or mix something for arrow inserts.
2. THis one I like due to the impact part.
3. Also a possiblilty as long as its just not like "super glue". That is brittle and IMO wont last from hard impacts over and over.
4. This may also work as long as it not just Loctites version of "super glue".
5. Never been a fan of the Bohning glue, lots of peopls complain about that stuff.

Remember glue has a shelf life and not all lasts for ever. So even if the glue looks ok it may not be. IF you are going to do a dozen arrows or so, buy new fresh glue.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
hot melt for all inserts

·
Registered
15,106 Posts
Another old school hot melt vote.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts