Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My interest right now is mostly Olympic-style target shooting, but at baby distances (20-30 yards indoors), and on a minimal budget.

What I have:
35# Samick Journey limbs
62" Samick Polaris riser
(64" bow at 35#)

What I'm considering:
35# Journey limbs
66" Cartel Triple riser
(68" bow at 33#?)

Alternate setup:
35# Journey limbs
62" Cartel Triple riser
(64" bow at 35#)

I mainly want to be able to use a plunger and have more clearance for the arrow. Minimal finger pinch and a smooth, forgiving bow would be nice, too.

I'm about 68" tall and my AMO draw length probably maxes out at 28". I can feel less finger pinch after increasing from 62" to 64", but would 68" be overkill? And do the numbers seem reasonable? (I'm basing the draw weights and bow lengths on configurations of the Polaris bow and the components that seem to be direct swaps.)

·
Registered
10,858 Posts
The 66" bow will probably work best for you. I've got a 62" Calaris and it gets stacky past 28" plus the string angle is too low for an Oly head position.

Let me know when you start thinking about a stab, I've got budget resources for them.

-Grant

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 66" bow will probably work best for you. I've got a 62" Calaris and it gets stacky past 28" plus the string angle is too low for an Oly head position.

Let me know when you start thinking about a stab, I've got budget resources for them.

-Grant
The 66" riser with the Journey limbs woud be 68". Is that would you meant, or do you mean a 66" bow would be better?

Oh, I didn't consider that anchoring below the jaw would work better with a longer bow. I just know that the 62" Polaris riser is so short that I have to anchor higher at short distances.

I was loned a stabilizer and I liked it. I did play with making a 24" PVC "attachment" that barely has any weight. Just enough to help tip the light bow forward.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts