Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont use one but lots of my friends do.

they use treestands that weight 20 pds to carry in.
they complain about carrying in the crossbow with treestand being heavy.

anyone have way they carry their crossbow into woods with treestand on their back.

thanks sproul

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Ready Crossbow Sling. The cross bow is always in the ready to fire position and you can shot with the sling still over your sholder. Got one last year.:thumbs_up

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
You might try this

I don't carry climbing stands in anymore but if I did, I think carrying the crossbow in bow down position like this might work. Simply move your rear swivel sutd from the bottom of the butt stock to half way up one side of the buttstock. Put it on the left side of the crossbow for right shoulder carry and on the right side for left shoulder carry.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,245 Posts
i carry my climber, a backpack attached to the climber, and my bow. I don't have to go that far though to get to most places.

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
I actually fabricated 2 quick release brackets that I could attach a small axle with 12" bike spoked wheels for one of my climbers years ago. When I got to the tree I would just snap the wheel/axleassembly loose. It worked great and I could also carry my hunting bag in on it or a deer out:) The stand was an API bowhunting climber with a fairly long dropped foot rest that served as the handle. I expected something like that would eventually be offered commercially but it never happened.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Oh for Locon to bring out the Titan aluminum ladder again that weighted under 20#s.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I don't carry climbing stands in anymore but if I did, I think carrying the crossbow in bow down position like this might work. Simply move your rear swivel sutd from the bottom of the butt stock to half way up one side of the buttstock. Put it on the left side of the crossbow for right shoulder carry and on the right side for left shoulder carry.
Moon, I like your set up. Will it work for an Excal? Also do you steer the limbs with the string?
Happy toten,
Hank

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Yep

Nothing sticking out and you can crouch over to go through thick brush without hangin up on anything. You can get an Uncle Mikes machine threaded stud with nut for less than $4.00, drill a hole through the Excal butt stock just large enough for the screw to go through. Cut the screw off the right length, install and tighten the nut and you are ready to go.

Carrying the crossbow in bow down position like this keeps the limbs situated front to rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
most have summit treestands that weight about 21 pds.most carry the crossbow in their hands out front but they say its very tiring to do.

i have no idea how to suggest carrying both to your spot.
most have horton crossbows .

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Wow, I can feel the shoulder pain now. 21 lb stand and a 10+ lb crossbow:rolleyes:

·
Registered
21,689 Posts
Its extremely rare that i carry my climber in or even use it anymore.But if do i have a Lone Wolf set and climb and a Excal Ibex. That cuts the weight down some. I have stopped putting a sling on my bows (excals) I just carry it uncocked by hand or over my shoulder.

·
Registered
268 Posts
well i use a cart to take my ladder stand in and i LEAVE IT [email protected]!!!!!! they are too cheap i have picke em up for 50 to 70 dollars after the season and i have 3 15 fters one double and a 12 fter that i use on public land remember your getting OLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
588 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for info.keep it coming.

my cousin is hiding his climber in brush,so he uses the crossbow sling to carry his bow in daily.that was he way of carrying it in.
but he does not understand that buck will smell your climber hid in brush and avoid area.

i mounted a crossbow on my summit 180 max. BOY WAS THAT SUCKER HEAVY.thats not going to work.
i got feeling best way may be to leave your climber hid in woods,IF YOU CAN .but then scent will be there.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
I have strapped my crossbow to my Summit climber before. That works well, you just have to be careful taking the stand off your back.

·
Registered
124 Posts
213539.jpg I got a 1 point tactical sling from midway and it hangs in the front like an AR I hooked it to the front post. Just have to balance it with one hand. Going to try going into the woods this weekend I'll try to get more picks up next week

1 - 20 of 22 Posts