Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
GIS guy
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a few years I've been messing with 3D printing various items for archery. A few years ago I made a mount so that Cartel Magnetic Clickers could be mounted onto the sight extension for JOAD kids I was working with. I have had them up on Shapeways for some time so people could order them if they want. They're not terribly expensive, but they're still more expensive than I'd like. One way to bring down the cost would be to print them on a cheaper FDM printer at a school or library, but the design had parts that wouldn't print on a FDM printer without support structures.

I have revised the design, and it's now printable on a FDM printer. They're considerably less expensive and work just as well as the Shapeways printed mounts, but do not look nearly as nice. Still, they are less than 1/10 of the cost and will work fine.

Why am I telling all of you this?

I've decided to make the STL file available for anyone to download and use if they want for free. If you have a 3D printer and want to try making one, have at it.

Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1A3abQLRj_yXJMcxNRn80CvQuP6ioPCX3

You will need: 2 #6-32 nuts, 1 #6-32 by 3/8" machine screw, and 1 #6-32 by 2" machine screw. There are assembly instructions on my blog post here.

And, here's a photo that compares my library-printed copy to a Shapeways-printed mount. As you can see, the quality is lower than Shapeways, but it's super-cheap!

IMG_5006_text.jpg

-Kent W.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I've used the Shapeways units as a way for my JOAD kids to try a clicker, and they worked just fine. It's a good arrangement for kids who are growing fast and/or haven't consolidated their form and draw length. It's a lot cheaper than buying another set of arrows.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts