Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've got Insatiable 3 for about 2 years that is not functioning well :/

When I press the thumb release, jaws won't open (~1 in 12 arrows). On excecuting the shot, I can hear a metallic click noise, thumb trigger will move slightly, then the trigger will move slightly further and jaws will open. It's like getting jammed. i've tried changing all the release adjustments, doesn't help.

This only happens under tension and i can reproduce it using finger sling etc.

What are my options? I have never opened one before and I'm worried that I won't be able to put it back together ... I'm waiting for replies from various shops (i live far away from any archery shop ...)

On top of that, i've just sold my backup release... i'm absolutely devastated, i'm shooting on daily basis :(

thnx

Polish Dude.

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
May be time to buy a new release. If mine was messing up, and I "fixed" it, I don't think I would ever trust it again.

Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
53 Posts
They aren't complicated to take apart and clean just make sure you open it up inside a large ziploc bag in case the spring pops out. I'm betting it just needs cleaned

·
Registered
9,771 Posts
I would send it in to Carter and have them clean it and take a look at it in case its more then just a cleaning and parts need to be replaced.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Buy a can of firearm cleaning aerosol (Remington, Gun Scrubber). Clean it without taking it apart, blow it out with compressed air. May solve your problem. If you don't feel comfortable taking it apart, send it to Carter. If you take it apart and can't get it together or lose a part you will send it in anyways.

·
Registered
19,002 Posts
Where you live, I would get a back up release first & then would send it to Carter to have it checked over or rebuilt. Easiest & fastest would be like
Bikeman CU stated to see if that would work.

·
Registered
614 Posts
They are pretty simple on the inside. If you take it apart do it inside a gallon bag so if a spring flies off the bag with catch it. But I would just send it in to be safe.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
No need to take it apart. Just look at the Dudley video on cleaning and maintaining the nock2it. I just use this as my guideline for cleaning my target 3 when it gets rough and it fixes it instantly. I had a nock2it a while back that made a clanging noise and was a rough pull, cleaned it like in the video and it was perfect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts