Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
major panick! in the last week i have been completly spazzin out with my chocalate addiction, don't know why. have shot it every day since june with no problems, switched back to my old caliper wrist release and all is well
the old release is well.........old.

want to get a new one.

if anyone shoots the carter 2 shot would like some feedback please
do you have to engage and hold the thumb saftey all through the draw
or once you set it can you draw it like a regular caliper and just release at shot

also if you have had good results with this release.
I like carter products and would like to stick with this manuf.
any help appreciated..... going up north in three weeks
great time to have major breakdown!

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
I really like mine, better than any caliper release I have ever used so far.

The thumb lever is just a cocking mech, not a saftey.

So once you engage it, you can just draw and shoot.

:thumb:

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
I just received mine in the mail yesterday from Eagle Archery. I shot it last night for awhile and love it. Just as sagecreek mentioned, the safety closes the jaw which makes an audible click. Now you are ready to draw and shoot. If you do not like the click (hunting situation) just apply a slight pressure to the trigger and you engage the "safety" and it is 100% silent. You will not be disappointed with the Two Shot!

·
Good Day All!!!!!
749 Posts
Awesome release! I second all that the other have said. There is one thing that I dont like about the release.... And that is the buckle strap. They could have done a better job with that. It is my only complaint. Sometimes it requires re-adjustment.

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
I opted for the buckle strap for consistency, so I can use the same hole every time. It just seems more logical to me than velcro. Plus, if you are shooting with gloves on then you can just go to the next larger hole.

I ordered the black head with black buckle strap from Eagle Archery for $82.50 + $2.00 handling (free shipping) to my door for $84.50. I got an e-mail from them that said they were out of stock and were back ordered. Instead of waiting, they offered me the camo head with black buckle strap (usually at least $5 more) for the same price. I was very pleased with their service and communication!

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Actually the thumb closing lever is a safety. As long as you hold it down firmly the release won't go off. In fact when drawing my bow, I put my index finger behind the trigger and hold down on the thumb lever for a double safety. It doesn't bother me in the least to draw my bow in the house with this setup.
Dave Nowlin

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
I have been shooting the One Shot for three years now.I have found no reason to go to the Two Shot.That should tell you something.Great release.

·
Registered
460 Posts
The 2 Shot is the best wrist strap release on the market! That being said, pull the trigger and hold,engage safety fully and release trigger. I do not hold the safety while drawing, I do make it a point to keep my trigger finger on the top of the release while drawing. The only downfall of the @ Shot is the click when locking onto the string...the above procedure will eliminate that.
P.S. I much prefer the leather buckle and the lighter spring!

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
I prefere the buckle also.

Very consistant every time you put it on, plus I don't like the sound velcro makes while hunting.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Best wrist strap release out there, triple seared trigger ( no trigger travel) I love mine.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all the help and suggestions

all I'm doing now is waiting for the air mail to come.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts