Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is that a good release and how does it work?

·
Registered
642 Posts
I shot a Carter Atension BT release for awhile. Pretty decent release. Comfy handle. Shot it off a DLoop without the clicker. I like shooting a true back tension triggerless release with a clicker sometimes but could never get Carter's clicker to work. The dump would just bypass the clicker. And I didn't care much for the RAS system. It's a GREAT idea but you can't those superfine adjustments on the moon that you need to get. It was either too hairy or to slow for me.

Not a bad BT release but I now prefer my Scott Longhorn III :cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is the BT release I learned on and is the only one I have used so I don't have a basis for comparison with other BT releases. I like the fact that it is a true, triggerless BT release but you have to make sure the end is pointing slightly forward to prevent an AD when drawing the bow. The adjustment on the moon is critical, but once it is set, it is consistent. BTW, I found the clicker annoying and distracting and IMO, shoud be not be utilized.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will it be a good release for someone like me who hammers the trigger?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yep it's a great release for you. If you have someone who can teach you the basics of shooting a triggerless release and then spend lots of time working with it it will be most beneficial for you.

I personally feel a clicker is very helpful in learning to shoot a triggerless release once you get past the click noise. Some don't give the click enough time to learn it's benefits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts