Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a carter evo plus to help with tp. I'm loving it and its helping me tremendously, the only thing that I'm having an issue with is that my shots keep going low right. At 20 yards 5 arrows are touching but not where I was aiming. I was shooting a Scott caliper release. Do I need to adjust my sights? Or get my d loop adjusted? Or is it the surprise of the release going off that I'm going low right? With the caliper it's on but it's off with the back tension.

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,539 Posts
How a d-loop is released from the Evo+ and a caliper release can be significantly different. The Evo+ let's go of the loop MUCH cleaner and consistently than does any caliper release. How you are pulling on those two releases is significantly different as well. Your anchor is most likely significantly different and can effect how you look through your peep. All of which will or can effect impact point.

For now tweak your sight and/or peep height. In the future you may want to get another release that will work better in tandem with the Evo+.

·
Registered
13,174 Posts
The Evo+ is designed with a shorter throat than the other Carter hand held releases by approx. 1/2", thus, with the Evo+, your anchor point, if you keep it the same will make the bow 'feel' like it is short for you.
Coming from a caliper, this will make it feel even more different, and yes, likely to give you the low right shots.

You will need to adjust your peep height for this, since you are now likely using a slightly different anchor point than you did with the caliper.
If your groups are consistent, tight, and in that same spot; move the sight to get back to center, and then work on a consistent anchor point; one that doesn't vary and you should be just fine.

field14 (Tom D.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts