Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I received my new Evolution back from Carter where I was having lighter springs installed and I thought I'd leave a report on how it shoots:

At Five Yards:
Shots #1-2 = Release fired as soon as I released the safety. Made adjustment to the set screw to increase the holding weight.

Shot #3 = Release held and fired comfortably.

Moved to 20 yards:
Shot five arrows, all of them touching a 1" dot at 5 o'clock. Made sight adjustment to bring me over to the center of the dot.

Moved to 40 yards:
Shot four arrows and on the fifth one I heard a Loud Whack! You guessed it... One easton Fatboy ROBIN HOODED!!

This is by far the best release I have ever shot! My groups at 40 yards have shrunk from 3" to 1 1/2". I was really impressed with the tight groups that I shot with the release basically right out of the box.

Guys - This release is well worth the money!!! Only negative thing is you will not be able to afford arrows if you shoot at one dot!

P.S. Two of my other releases will be listed for sale in the classifieds.

·
Electified Archer
3,275 Posts
I ordered one back in the beginning of Aug. and was told that they would be shipping the end of Aug or the first part of Sept. When it still wasn't here on the19th of Sept I called them and was told that the parts had just came in and the would be starting to ship them around the 20th.

·
>>>--Shoot Em' Up---->
19,494 Posts
heilman181 said:
Does anyone have the evolution "in-stock" or is there still a waiting list?
Yea I'd like to know too. I keep hearing Back Order. I want a Red one or a Black one. :)

Now what kind of poundage was you shooting befor you went to a lighter spring RO4VOLS? I am shooting a 60 to 61 lb. Tribute. Will the Evolution that I buy be ok with that poundage? I don't want to buy the Evolution and then have to send it back to the manufacturer. That would bite. I hope it will operate without having to do that.:)

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got mine from 3dshoots.com. You might want to check with them,great people to deal with.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now what kind of poundage was you shooting befor you went to a lighter spring RO4VOLS? I am shooting a 60 to 61 lb. Tribute. Will the Evolution that I buy be ok with that poundage? I don't want to buy the Evolution and then have to send it back to the manufacturer. That would bite. I hope it will operate without having to do that.

I am shooting the Apex 7 at 60-61 lbs. with 65% let-off. I don't have a scale so I'm not real sure what I'm holding. When I got it the first time I was having a hard time getting it to fire even though I had the screw backed almost all the way out. So I called Forrest and he had me to send back to install the lighter springs, I believe the paperwork said he installed #43 springs. It works awesome now and I have room to reduce my poundage for indoor and still be able to use the release. Hope this helps.

·
>>>--Shoot Em' Up---->
19,494 Posts
Thanx RO4VOLS. Ya think I'll be alright with 60 to 61 lbs. with 80% let off with the factory installed spring in the Evoltion or not? :)

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
YankeeRebel said:
Thanx RO4VOLS. Ya think I'll be alright with 60 to 61 lbs. with 80% let off with the factory installed spring in the Evoltion or not? :)

If it was me I'd give Forrest a call or PM him on here and tell him your set-up is and see what he recommends. Might save some time.

·
>>>--Shoot Em' Up---->
19,494 Posts
RO4VOLS said:
If it was me I'd give Forrest a call or PM him on here and tell him your set-up is and see what he recommends. Might save some time.
Thanx RO4VOLS. I appreciate the advice.:)

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
I got mine from Jerry, michigander, a week or two ago (and I'm in Europe where USPS airmail delivery sometime takes more than 2 weeks), and he managed to acquire it 7-10 days after I had ordered from him. So PM him.

BTW, the Evolution improved my shooting as well :D Good job Carter!

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
heilman181 said:
Does anyone know off hand what 3dshoots.com 's screen name is on here?
cgchris

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I have been shooting mine non-stop sence i got it, man it is nice. Now i just need a target bow to shoot it with!!

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I ordered from lancasters two weeks ago,and I was told it's going to be a while,but I have an Ember ll on loan.It's a darn good release as well so I can wait:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts