Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been shooting with an Evolution for a couple of weeks so I thought I'd post up my experiences, good and bad for the benefit (or not) of others. I shot with a Loesch for a year before buying the Evolution so I have something to compare against and some previous experience with pull through releases (also shot the HHA release for a while). From a function point of view both releases work equally well for me but the Loesch release is let down by it's prototype appearance and it can be tricky to set. Overall the Evolution is a much nicer and more refined piece of kit but the shape doesn't fit my hand very well. Also I seriously don't like 3 finger releases. It seems likely that this type of release will take over a large section of the conventional BT market and may become the dominant style. If this is the case then I believe Carter should consider alternative handle styles and sizes as they manufacture for the other release styles i.e triggers and hinge BT. For me the ideal shape is a 4 finger Solution 2.5 ( are you listening Forest). For those that have never shot a pull through ( particularly the TP sufferers) you are missing out on a step forward, all the flinching, punching, below gold freezing and TP just gradually evaporates. Another benefit I have found is that after a prolonged period of shooting with a pull through (6-12 months) I now find I can shoot any other type of release more easily and I seem to have much better control, the sight just sits over the spot and I can shoot how ever I wish, trigger squeeze, BT wrist rotation or BT arm and shoulder rotation, it all seams to work so much better and it's a lot more fun. I guess the result is the same as prolonged blank bale and short distance shooting but without the boredom.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sounds great!

Looking forward to getting mine.

I shot either a X-Cel or the Atension and don't have much trouble with these but this release sounds interesting.

·
Registered
881 Posts
thanks

nice guy,
i was just wondering about this. thanks for the info. i just looked at the carter site. i would like to see how it feels in my hand. also, looked at truebacktension.com thanks again

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
well I have the loesch one also. It taugh me that backtension is a way of holding the bow back at full draw. when you hold the bow back with the big back muscels it is easier to trip any release. Backtension is not something you should think about when you pick up a release, back tension is something you should think about when you pick up a bow. :eek:

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Bees , on your Loesch release did you ever have a problem with it if it got wet it would fire as soon as you clicked off the safety? A friend of mine from Iowa shot this release at Nationals and on one day it rained on us and he had this problem even after turning the tension up all the way. I have a Evolution ordered from Lancasters but it is on backorder:cry: .

·
>>>--Shoot Em' Up---->
19,494 Posts
I'd love to have one. I've been hearing nothing but great things about the Evolution. The price is a little rough but hey isn't everything in Archery? And I'd also would like to see them in a 4 finger. I like my True Ball Sweet Spot 2 4 Finger, but I'd love to try the Evolution. Maybe when I know I can get one in a few days I'll buy one. Is there any chance they will make a 4 Finger version too? ( are you listening Forest):)

Anyone have a used one they wanna part with that is fuctionable?:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts