Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am lucky enough to have a couple of the Carter Insatiable Release's. I would like to send one to Carter to have HEAVY SPRINGS put in it. Soooo... what springs do I want???:confused:
I heard someone say they had two 100 lb springs in theirs.

I don't know whats in them now?? But they feel the same. So I suppose whatever is factory??

Whats everyone using:confused: ?

I appreciated any thoughts on this. DUBBYA ARE..(WR):D

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
If they're factory springs they're 43# springs. You might want to send one in for an 80# and send the other in for a 95#. There is a substantial difference between the two and if you've been shooting the 43# springs for a while, you'll be challenged with the 95# springs and higher. They'll work out great for you in the long run, it will just take some time getting used to them.

·
Registered
171 Posts
CARTER.. Insatiable heavier Springs how will they help

I also shoot the CARTER.. Insatiable and looking for ways to inprove my game How will a heavier spring help ??

Rick

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Actually depending on when the Insatiable was made it MAY have the 80# spring in it... That is what it was a couple of years ago...If it is an newer model it will have the 43#..As for me in my Insatiable 2 I have 4-125# springs... My Insatiable has 2-125# springs in it because that is all that I can get to fit...

As far as the question about heavier springs go.. You can do a search on the subject it has been discussed often on here.... But for the basics... A heavier spring in the trigger helps you to be more positive with your shot because you can put your thumb on the trigger without fear of the trigger going off which will help you be more aggresive with the shot which leads to more consistancy... Hope this helps...Pro1

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
call Forrest at Carter and talk about what you are looking for. There is more to a heavier trigger than just putting heavier trigger springs in it. The cocking spring weight will also affect the trigger stiffness.

I put two 60s in my Insatiable on recommedation from Jerry Carter and love it. That's what he shoots.

Good shooting

ox

·
Occam's Razor
8,339 Posts
I recently got one, sent it in for Oxford's set-up, and just shot my first full five spot with it. Shot a 55x 300 game.........seems to work well. Those 45's that came with it were just way too light for me.........If I find that this is my release, I will get another with heavier springs to keep it up there, as I do not want to go lighter..........................ck

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
If 60, 90, 100 or 125 lbs springs are so good, why do they put in 43# springs at the factory?

Just curious.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have two Ins-2's, one with 43 lbs and the other with 80 lbs.

As far as preference is concerned, leverage plays a big role in what works best for you and a lot depends on the size of your hand as well as how you hold and trigger the release. I use mine with three fingers and touch the tip of my thumb to the side of my index finger. My thumb tip never touches the trigger therefore making it more difficult to apply leverage to the trigger. Using this method, I found that I like the lower spring weight -- for now, that is ... ;)

In contrast, I'd have to increase spring weight if I were to place my thumb tip on the trigger.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Springs

Thanks to all for the help. I bought mine used but did buy a couple of Carter's new and they were way to light for me. So I'd say these might be the older model's with the 80# springs in them??

I'm still thinking pretty heavy?? I keep the trigger deep in the thumb and it fires to easy to suit me.

I'll give them guys at Carter a holler.... who knows..... they may know something:D :D :D

Thanks for the help guys. WR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts