Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
what can dropping the release on concrete or cement do to it? what do i look for if it can damage it?
thankx a lot!!! :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
My brother's Juz Cuz release flew off because he has sweaty hands inspite of the strap and landed on the ground of a softball field where we were shooting. At first, it didn't do any damage but on the third time it flew off, it just didn't work. Had it sent to the local dealer who in turn shipped it to Carter. We had it back in about a month (We're in the Philippines). Just after my brother "broke" his Juz Cuz, he ordered another one which arrived two days later only to have it fly off on that day itself and conked out on the first drop. Well, we had it repaired again. The Juz Cuz release is now being used by a lady archer who doesn't have sweaty hands. My brother shifted to the Scott Eagle release with a wrist strap.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
but i dropped it 2 times, and it put a little scratch, or dink, what ever you want to call it. but i think it still works as good. can it get messed up, but still be working?...... i can't really tell if it is working as good, doesn't feel perfect....
thankx

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
cory, cory cory

Cory my man, what's with this fixation on damaging a Carter release? I think you've asked this same kind of question 5 times including 2 polls on it.

If you are so worried about damaging your releases, please call Forrest at Carter and ask all of your durability questions at one time. He will explain it all to you and be glad to help you. It's about time to put it to rest.

Phone: (208) 624-3467 -- Forrest Carter

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Carter

Cory
I don't think dropping it will hurt, just don't make a habit of it. Carter makes a heck of a fine Release.
Now if you throw it,.......:mad: it will break.:confused:
Been there, done that................:rolleyes: They will break.
WR bet you didn't know how mine broke:D
Best Release made.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Cory, Ive dropped my Insatiable on the cement, it works fine. They are very durable releases, just relax man, and like Ox said, just call Carter if you have any questions regarding damaging your release, theyll have all the right answers!:D

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have had bad experiences with my fits me though from dropping it, and i don't want to have any thing happen to this. a spring got knocked off and it just didn't work. :(
i just don't know what to look for for any sign of damage to it.
sorry, don't mean to sound paranoid. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts