Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I have used a 2 shot for several years, I can tell you that it is a great release. I cannot say it is better than the Quickie 2 as I have no experience with it. I think you cannot go wrong with either one.

Mark

·
Relocated Cajun
10,974 Posts
I much prefer the quickie over the 2shot....especially for hunting but also used it for indoors last year....

get the quickie plus to interchange the springs...

·
Registered
252 Posts
I use a 2 shot for targets and the quickie for hunting. The quickie is much faster for me to attach to the string to shoot and this is the only reason I use it. The quickie has more play or movement in the trigger while the 2 shot has a nice crisp release, but seems to cut my d-loops pretty fast.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
i really like the 2 shot, I traded my bro my choc addiction and some boot for it as I didn't fare as well with the handhelds. It has been great so far.

·
Registered
313 Posts
No experience with the 2 Shot but I've got the Quickie and I'm in love with it. As far as trigger movement, you can adjust how much you want, or don't want. Mine is set so I have no perceivable travel. The different springs are nice but after going through the set I found that the lightest spring that came installed is the best for me. Love it.

·
Banned
910 Posts
ya the 2 shot has a triple sear design. It has a feel of a fine euro rifle set trigger. If there is a better wrist style finger release, i would like to try it.I dont think there is.My 2shot cut D-loops like they were in bed with BCY also. I sent it back to the Carters and they sent me a new head.My new 2 shot isnt so hard on D-loops. The Tru Ball Short and Sweet is also like the Carter Quikie design.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
2 Shot, crispest trigger available on a wrist strap release. Triple seared

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
its a hard choice. I like the ability to change springs on the quickie, but I don't like the forward triger. like the feel of the 2 shot but I to have had problems with it eating d-loops.

in all I ended up with the 2 shot:)

Reed

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
arrowaddict said:
2 Shot, crispest trigger available on a wrist strap release. Triple seared
It will be quite a while before I give up the crisp trigger found on the 2-shot. Buy them both and shoot them for a while. Then keep the one you like:)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Buy them both and shoot them for a while. Then keep the one you like
If I had an extra hundred bucks lying around I would!! Anyone wanna trade one for a Scott Wildcat?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I love my 2shot I too was trying to figure out which one I wanted and I ened up with the 2shot and I am not sad I did it is one heck of a release.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I have tried both and I Love my 2 shot. I use it for everything, 3-D indoor and hunting. If you are having problems with the 2 shot eating D-loops send it in and Forrest will take care of ya. :wink:

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
i have never used a 2shot but my quickie 1+ is by far the best wrist release i have ever used and its going into the woods with me this year. O and there is no "slop" in the trigger mechanism whatsoever

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
You can quiet the 2 Shot down easily by placing a small piece of mole skin where the two points contact oposite the trigger.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts