Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who shoots one? What's the difference between the quickie and quickie plus? What trigger tension adjustments are there? Any travel?

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
Well, you've got the Quickie 1 and the Quickie 2. The 1 has the hook on the inside next to your jaw -- the 2 has it on the same side as the trigger an away from your jaw. I much prefer the 2 as it keeps the string away from a face mask and my fat little chipmunk cheeks. In my opinion, the 2 is much easier and quicker to hook up.

The "+" is a major improvement in that it allows you to set the trigger pull by simply changing a spring.

Sear engagement is set with a setscrew which means you don't have to have any perceptible travel. You set it up just as you would a fine rifle trigger.

I have two 2+'s and I expect that'll finish out my years as a bowshooter.

Best of luck to you.

·
Reverend
6,940 Posts
I think the Rx uses magnets instead of springs.
When i used a Quickie, I could not get rid of the trigger travel completely… so I went with a Like Mike.
If you do a search I think you'll notice most prefer the Rx or Lucky OVER the Quickie… because of the trigger.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I wish I could help, but I've been recently asking a lot of the same questions as you. I ended up ordering a Lucky after talking to a gentleman on the phone at my archery shop. Not many places stock them ($$$), so I had to go by opinions (read many on AT). This guy has been shooting for years and he has the Like Mike and Lucky. He prefers the Lucky only because it is less bulky than the Like Mike. That was my original preference even before speaking to him, so he just confirmed it. I'll let you know how I like it when it arrives this week. My old one is a Scott Sabertooth. I am expecting the Carter to be a significant step up in the trigger mechanism and it still uses the same Scott buckle strap. I thought about going to a trigger (Too Simple), but since I'm mostly a hunter, I'm just afraid of bumping the trigger while it's hanging on the string and then having it fall to the ground.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Best Hunting release I've owned.

I shoot the quickie 1+. I thought the tension on the quickie was too light.

For the price, durability, and performance, they are real hard to beat.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I have two Quickie 1+ releases-one for backup. This release uses different springs to set trigger tension. Also, the forward trigger allows for about a 1/2" longer BOW draw length setting, and puts the peep closer to your eye, which is an advantage when shooting a short ATA bow with its severe string angle, which places the peep farther from your eye.
I removed the elastic cord that resets the trigger after a shot, and I reset the hook manually. I think that's the advantage of the newer RX1- same trigger mechanism, and changeable springs, but it has a magnetic trigger reset in place of the elastic cord. The elastic cord did not work well for me.
This setup works really well for me.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I second that the elastic cord did not work well for me on the Quickie. I switched to the Rx1 and am happy with this release.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Need some advise I can't decide what kind of release to get ..... I have always shot a jaw with a soled shank but was thinking trying a hook stile...did shoot true fire but been looking at the scoot and carter release .... Any advice

·
Registered
474 Posts
I started out with the Quickie, and went to the Rx1. The Rx1 has a slightly shorter head, and the distance between the trigger and hook is shorter. As stated above, the Rx1 uses magnets to reset the trigger and the quickie uses a small elastic band to pull the hook back into place. The hook on the Rx1 is also shorter. I like the Rx1 better.

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
The re-set mechanism is not important to me. I like a heavier pull and that means that I reset the mechanism manually. It just happens automatically after the shot.

As to the magnetic reset, I've heard that it depend upon your soil. If there is a high iron content, the magnets will eventually get plugged up with the iron. IDK, since I don't have that problem.

Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I can't really tell you differences between them. I own a Like Mike, but shot a Quickie and an Rx1. IMO, the Lucky and the Like Mike are the best. I found the Quickie and Rx1 to have much more creep and play then the Mike or Lucky.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Think I got one of the older ones with the band. I shot crappy tru fires for a couple of years when I got back into bowhunting. Read some stuff by joe bell editor for bow and arrow hunting magazine about the carter releases and decided on a quicke. What a night and day difference. Used it to shoot and hunt for a couple years before I went to a thumb trigger. Mine had no creep or travel and with the ncs connector very little torque. Great hunting trigger in my book

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I shoot a closed jaw 2 Shot and love it. I tried the Like Mike and could not adjust to it. I think they are the two crispest that carter sells.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Strange some say the Quickie has creep. Forest said it has non and functions the same as the others on trigger pull? I ordered one so I guess we will see .

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I have a Quickie 1+ and shoot it with the heaviest spring, strap set very short, and use my middle finger on the trigger. Works like a BT release that way, love it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Ridgerunner, are you using the Rx1 or the Rx2?

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There seems to be quite a bit of resistence on the hook as it opens (doesn't open freely) . I'm guessing due to the elastic holding it shot.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts