Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Carter Insatiable 2 . Could someone please tell me how I can ( Or do I ) install the release rope ?I can't pull the rope through the hole on the release .

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
I don't own a insatable,but with my releases,melt the end and with forfinger & thumb form as fine a point as you can to get it through the hole.
To get it to stay put............melt the end again and form a ball.Once its cooled,it will be rock solid.
Keep the length a little bit long until you get ready to make the last melt.I consume about a quarter inch per ball.
Not sure if this is what you meant.
Jerry

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Easy Way

Take a piece of stiff serving material and run it thru the hole, leave a loop and run it back thru the hole. run your loop thru the serving thread loop and then take the ends of the serving thread and pull the release rope thru the hole leaving the loop on one side and the burnt ends on the other. Piece of cake. Same principal as a needle threader.
Jbird

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jerry

thank you , but I tried that . I even looped the release rope around a piece of fast flight and tried to pull it through that way .Maybe Carter uses very thin rope .

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Works on my Carters

I use the white release rope that comes from Carter and I use BCY #400 Nylon serving thread for the pull loop and it works evertime.
Now if you are using that thick camo loop material I have seen some use, it probably would be too tough to pull thru.
Jbird

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
I prefer the white stuff also..............much easier to work with.
Jerry

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guy's, that's the way I did it...I guess

I 'll have to order the rope from Carter . The rope I have maybe a little thicker than theirs . Thank You
Dennis

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Dennis 2;

"can't pull the rope through the hole on the release"

Welcome to the club!

:D

It is a pain, I think it took me a very aggrevating hour to do it the first time with 3 peices of 452. Once it is through, it slides freely...so as to completely exit again...

;)

Just keep working at it you will get it eventually, and tie a knot in the end so you don't yank it through...

;)

-CG

·
Registered
539 Posts
The flexible white release rope should work with no problem. As many have said use a piece of serving material or dental floss and just pull it through. If I remember correctly, Carter sells the release rope for $1.00 per foot plus shipping.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts