Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I have a Carter too simple I have been using for the last year and have hunted with it, and got rained on a couple of times fyi. my question is that the action doesn't feel real smooth anymore, whether it is cocking it or firing, it just plains feel "gritty" for a lack of better terms. the trigger tension and cocking tension feel the same. could it simply need taken apart and cleaned? thanks so much.

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
15,638 Posts
Hello guys, I have a Carter too simple I have been using for the last year and have hunted with it, and got rained on a couple of times fyi. my question is that the action doesn't feel real smooth anymore, whether it is cocking it or firing, it just plains feel "gritty" for a lack of better terms. the trigger tension and cocking tension feel the same. could it simply need taken apart and cleaned? thanks so much.
Yes, it is just dirty. They are easy to take apart. Open it up in a sandwich bag in case a spring decides to pop out. Take a couple of pictures then take apart and clean. It will feel like new again!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! I figured it would be pretty difficult to wear down the hardened steel mechanism. do they require any lube? prolly not?

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have taken apart by RX1 a lot and cleaned it. Forgot it was on my wrist when I was gutting my javelina an it got pretty bloody. Took apart and cleaned it all up and its been fine. I don't think you need lube on them if they are clean and the metal is smooth.

·
Registered
344 Posts
a bit of oil never hurt. I put some Tuff Glide on mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts