Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a few of the Carter index finger releases: RX1, Like Mike or the Lucky. I like the idea of a hook release for hunting and the Carters seem to be the smoothest. Does anyone have experience with these models or can give some pros and cons of each? Thanks all!

·
Registered
950 Posts
I recently switched from 6 years with Scott to the Carter RX2 and absolutely love it. I have not shot the other 2 that you mention but Carters are very well made and super crisp on the shot.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I tried the RX1 and did not like the smaller hook style it had. I shoot the quickie and love it. Have not tried the other two models

·
World & National Champion
33,999 Posts
It will all come down to personal preferance. They are all great release but you need to find which one fits you and your style of shooting the best.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I too have been considering one of these releases. I currently use a truball short and sweet and I have been wondering if I will notice a difference moving to the more expensive Carter releases?

·
Regohio
17,694 Posts
My Next Release

I want to change hunting releases as well...I'm leaning towards RX-2 as hook faces out vs in on RX-1???

·
Registered
226 Posts
fav

I've shot TRU-Ball, Scott and Cobra trying to find the perfect release. For me it was found when I strapped on a Quickie 1+. Super crisp, very adjustable, the hook is HUGE and it resets with a squeze of the trigger. I'll never look back unless Carter figures out how to make something better.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'm switching from the Scott Little Goose to the Like Mike this year. The release should be here in a few days, I'll have to let you know

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Everyone!

Thanks everyone for your input. I will be shooting an RX1 this week. After that, I will be looking at the other 2 releases and I'll make a decision. I'm sure I can't go wrong with a Carter after reading about their great customer service and quality. Thanks again! :thumbs_up

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
I too have been considering one of these releases. I currently use a truball short and sweet and I have been wondering if I will notice a difference moving to the more expensive Carter releases?
I didn't like the quickie plus as good as the short n sweet. If you like a heavy trigger with back tension then you might. I like a fairly light trigger. Not hair trigger but fairly light. I like the short n sweet better.

I would like to try the like Mike but thats a lot of money considering i have no complaints with what i have.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I recently switched from a truball tornado to a Quickie 1+. It allowed for better adjustment so I could utilize proper back tension. I compared the Quickie 1+ and the Short and Sweet when making my choice -- while I won't back on the short and sweet -- the Quickie 1+ is a lot smoother and more adjustable in trigger travel. The sears in the Carters are top notch

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
I've been messing with a Quickie 1 lately and it is pretty sweet. I think I'm going to pick up a Lucky for hunting though, that magnet adjustment look cool.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I didn't like the quickie plus as good as the short n sweet. If you like a heavy trigger with back tension then you might. I like a fairly light trigger. Not hair trigger but fairly light. I like the short n sweet better.

I would like to try the like Mike but thats a lot of money considering i have no complaints with what i have.
Thanks for the head to head. I am happy with my short and sweet but I always wonder if there is something better. My local shop doesn't stock high end releases. I may need to take a trip to another shop to try them myself. Maybe I would like a heavier trigger? (I doubt it)

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have been shooting a carter 2 shot and it is a great release. I would like to try a LIKE MIKE to try the hook style. I like a heavy trigger and like the LUCKY also but I don't know if the magnets would adjust heavy enough for my liking. Any one shot these releases and how do you like them?

·
Registered
751 Posts
I own all the releases mentioned here and than some :embarres: I like the Carter RX1 and the Carter Lucky...The RX1 or RX2 has the trigger further forward and has a much better shaped bigger trigger ( great with heavier gloves) for a hunting release.
The Lucky has a short straight trigger set further back..which I think would suit a longer A to A target type bow (less face contact) .
But I'm just being pickie for your sake :wink:
I have used them both on a Monster 7 and both on a Hoyt Advantage Elite and other bows, with good results.:thumbs_up

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
I have been shooting the RX-1 and have shot the Quickie's and 2 Shot before that. I got a Like Mike and have been comparing this one to the RX-1 and the one thing I like better about the RX-1 is the longer swept forward trigger instead of the shorter straight out trigger of the Like Mike.
With the Like Mike you can shoot it pretty heavy. I'll probably stick with my RX-1.

·
On a bloodtrail } --->$
657 Posts
Quickie with scott camo buckle strap !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Reverend
6,939 Posts
Rx Vs. Lucky vs. Quickie 1+

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only mechanical difference between the Lucky and the RX series is cosmetics, trigger shape and position? They both operate on magnets, so I'm assuming that the weight adjustment on both is identical.

I'd like to know if either the Lucky or RX can be set as heavy as a Quickie 1 (+) plus with the heavy springs?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I haven't tried the carters yet - but I live my scott rhino XT - sear design that is super crisp, I shoot a backtension style so I load up my finger and move my entire arm as a unit down my back (hard to explain) but my hand / arm stays static and the release goes bang. Great for hunting and it (along with the shooting style) really helped my groups.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts