Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using this release? Thoughts? Thinking on going to a thumb release. I have tried the TruBall BossX and it was ok, but no others. Nothing really around locally to try. So I'm going to have to go untested. Looking on opinions of the simple 1. If not I'll just go carter Chocolate Ad.

· Registered
66 Posts
I just switched from a chocolate addiction to the simple 1. CA always felt a little big in my hand, makes the simple 1 feel small. Simple 1 is much quieter. I'll probably be selling the CA soon. I'm really starting to get accustomed to and liking the S1.

· Registered
7,448 Posts
I absolutely love mine. Its the most adjustable release I have ran into, its smooth, and its shorter head makes it a dream to adjust the anchor to exactly where I want it. I would like to get another for a backup.

· Registered
1,307 Posts
I've shot one for a few weeks now. I love the short head since I have a relatively short D.L. I love that I can adjust the travel to essentially ZERO. The shape fits my hand well. All-in-all, I'm satisfied and it will likely be my primary hunting release and back-up target release for years to come. I like it better than my former Target 4. However, for $180, you'd better be blown away!

· Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I got to shoot a TrueBall Diamond and dont really like it. I am thinking Chappy Boss, Boss X, HotShot Tempest, or Carter. I really liked the carter 2 shot, but want to try thumb release.

· Born To Hunt
6,149 Posts
Forgot to mention I have Xtra large hands. Any of these fit larger hand?
If you have Xlarge hands IMO you would be happy with a 3/4 finger, which ever finger configuration you like, Carter Chocolate Addiction, or Chocolate Light over the Simple One.

· Registered
928 Posts
Hated it and all I have had is carters. On the maurin trainer I got handups every other shot as the hook didnt retract all the way. Loved the feel of the release, short throat, but I just couldnt get to use it in practice. So if you want to practice using a trainer with your shooting release - beware.

· Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hated it and all I have had is carters. On the maurin trainer I got handups every other shot as the hook didnt retract all the way. Loved the feel of the release, short throat, but I just couldnt get to use it in practice. So if you want to practice using a trainer with your shooting release - beware.
Whats a trainer? I am talking thumb button release. Not backtension. Or am I confused?

· Born To Hunt
6,149 Posts
Does the jaw jaw close when you press the button to cock it?
Yes, the Simple one is a 3 finger release, and the Plain One is the 4 finger, and both models close the jaw when you cock the release.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.