Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
#teamPSE
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you have your thumb barrel positioned to fit your thumb? Mostly interested in Carters because they will have the same adjustments I can make.
Trying to find that sweet, consistent spot on my thumb release. I know it is a lot of personal preference and can be affected by the way you shoot.
This is how I am now experimenting with. Have a 4 finger Insatiable that will hopefully be here tomorrow.

·
Registered
618 Posts
In and back, like so (sorry for the bad picture):
Picture0008.jpg

This is where the release feels best to me; I can wrap my thumb around and pull through the shot without it going off too quickly (or not going off).

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
How do you have your thumb barrel positioned to fit your thumb? Mostly interested in Carters because they will have the same adjustments I can make.
Trying to find that sweet, consistent spot on my thumb release. I know it is a lot of personal preference and can be affected by the way you shoot.
This is how I am now experimenting with. Have a 4 finger Insatiable that will hopefully be here tomorrow.

This is exactly how I have the barrel set on my Chocolate Lite, seems to work well for me there.

·
Registered
8,723 Posts
No magic, just try all positions until you are happy. That's the fun of it.

·
#teamPSE
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is exactly how I have the barrel set on my Chocolate Lite, seems to work well for me there.
I havent been able to shoot it yet like this (except with my 'rope bow') due to the snow outside. Gonna set my Insatiable like this when it gets here and mess with it. After spending time with the Insatiable 3, I think I might like a 4 finger, especially for hunting. The Insatiable is coming with the spring set, so I am gonna try out some different springs.

Speaking of springs what weight springs are you all shooting? Is there a way to test them?

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I used the medium spring. Its best to try them all and see what feels best for your style of shooting. My
chocolate lite is a 4 finger and I hunt and shoot 3d with it. It is a great release as is all Carter releases
that I've used.

·
Registered
8,723 Posts
I like the lightest one and set to a very short travel.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Here.

image.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts